No announcement yet.

Part of my awning came off on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of my awning came off on the road!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5D6A1D38-E24D-4486-89E0-43751B13F260.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	100111 Imagine 2022 2600RB with 21ft awning. Any ideas on what happened to the cover of the left awning arm? We noticed it was missing this weekend while camping. Assuming it flew off while driving.

is this covered by warranty? Is there a way to find the part? Is just a cover that snapped off?

see attached photo

I knocked mine off when I hit a branch. That cover is the idler cover. The awning is a Solera. Check your manual for a list of parts.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...caAtK8EALw_wcB
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Since your 2022 Imagine is presumably still under warranty, you could contact your dealer or Grand Design Customer Service, to see if they will replace this cover. If you did not make contact with anything, the cover may not have been fastened properly in the first place.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There was another recent thread about these covers separating. Has there been any solution on preventing this?
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
          There was another recent thread about these covers separating. Has there been any solution on preventing this?
          Yes, read somewhere on this site or another GD site. I cleaned the surface where the two halves come together then appliied T-Rex clear tape. Not a chance of it flying off now. I have 2 awnings so it was applied to leading and trailing pieces.
          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
          2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post

Yes, read somewhere on this site or another GD site. I cleaned the surface where the two halves come together then appliied T-Rex clear tape. Not a chance of it flying off now. I have 2 awnings so it was applied to leading and trailing pieces.
            https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
            Good idea. I was thinking of bridging the seam and connecting the two halves of the housing with a small piece of metal, held by two small sheet metal screws. The screws wouldn't have to go into the housing too far but I'd like to know what's in there without having to open the housing up. Don't want the screws to mess something up. The OP showed the non-motor side, so maybe I can find a picture of the motor side.
            2020 Reflection 273MK
            2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by jimgoings View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	5D6A1D38-E24D-4486-89E0-43751B13F260.jpg Views:	112 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	100111 Imagine 2022 2600RB with 21ft awning. Any ideas on what happened to the cover of the left awning arm? We noticed it was missing this weekend while camping. Assuming it flew off while driving.

is this covered by warranty? Is there a way to find the part? Is just a cover that snapped off?

see attached photo
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	268
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	100275

We were traveling back to Texas from Louisianna on I-10 with some friends last year. We hit a road closure (ended up being a 5 hour delay....) with our friends parked behind us. At one point he walked up and asked us why we didn't have a license plate on the trailer.....huh??

Sure enough, it was gone.....the plate mount and plate were gone. I have no idea why/where....but they were gone.

The joys of RV ownership
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
              X