J Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Wrap

Hello, I have a Solitude S Class 3950BH with an outdoor kitchen. The black trip lower J Wrap panel has been dented and I would like to replace it. I know the belt trim will need to be removed, but I am not real sure about how the kitchen door/frame that also needs to be removed needs to be dealt with. Does anyone have any experience or ideas?

Thank,
    Bill
    Bill & Lori
    2022 Solitude S Class - 3950BH
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat Diesel SRW 4x4

Originally posted by MickeyandMinnie View Post
    Hello, I have a Solitude S Class 3950BH with an outdoor kitchen. The black trip lower J Wrap panel has been dented and I would like to replace it. I know the belt trim will need to be removed, but I am not real sure about how the kitchen door/frame that also needs to be removed needs to be dealt with. Does anyone have any experience or ideas?

Thank,
    Bill
    Could you please post a picture of the area in question? This will help us understand and hopefully explain a process to help you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian the photo shows the area in question. The black J Wrap panel along the bottom of the trailer is what needs to be replaced. The Kitchen cutout area is what I’m a bit fuzzy on. It looks like the door and frame can be removes so that I can take the J Wrap panel off. Hope this helps.

Thanks
      Bill
      Bill & Lori

Comment

MickeyandMinnie

Yes you are correct the door and frame will need to be removed to remove the J-wrap. The screws for the door frame should be on the edge of the frame, where the door would be when closed. I am not sure that the door can be removed before removing the frame. Our previous TT, KZ brand, I could not separate the door from the frame when I had to reseal the frame, needed help to handle the whole thing.

Also please read the Welcome Letter to New Members, it will help you with tagging and plenty of other things, the tag that you used did not come to me.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I had to remove the door from the frame on my KS TT. If the hinge is a tube with a screw across the end, you take out the screw, remove the gas struts, and lift till the hinge clears itself, then slide out the end. Best if you have 2 people.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I think you have confirmed my findings enough that I am comfortable with getting it done.

Cheers,
            Bill
            Bill & Lori

Comment

Working...
            X