Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G29 New 2022 Patio Ramp - Water leaks from door

Hello,
    New G29 2022 TT. The ramp patio door captures and retains water within the ramp door when closed. When ramp is opened to the patio position a visible drainage is present. This occurs after a rain storm or hit by lawn sprinkler. The GD dealer is unable to locate the incursion location of the water. The dealer knows it has a leak. My concern is Warranty, rot and I live in an area where I have freezing temperatures that will further damage the door.
    Has anyone seen this issue? And how should I go about getting this corrected?
    Thank you for any help.
    Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff_P View Post
    Hello,
    New G29 2022 TT. The ramp patio door captures and retains water within the ramp door when closed. When ramp is opened to the patio position a visible drainage is present. This occurs after a rain storm or hit by lawn sprinkler. The GD dealer is unable to locate the incursion location of the water. The dealer knows it has a leak. My concern is Warranty, rot and I live in an area where I have freezing temperatures that will further damage the door.
    Has anyone seen this issue? And how should I go about getting this corrected?
    Thank you for any help.
    Jeff
    I have a 21G and experience the same thing. Water incursion is in multiple locations all around the door.

I finally re-sealed the ramp side with Raptor liner and caulk. Once things dry out I am re-sealing all incursion points on the outside and sides of the rear door.

From the first picture you posted, I see multiple possible incursion points. You or the dealer will need to seal around each bolt/nut/washer, along the edge of the door metal frame, at the corners of the frame, where any penetration from screws/bolts occurs.....a lot of places to look at and seal.

After 1 or 2 years you will notice the caulk from the manufacturer has worn and requires being re-done. It is a constant process for the entire trailer.

As far as rot/mold, I'm assuming the ramp door is Styrofoam sandwiched between Luan. If that's the case mold or mildew might be an issue. Best to let it all dry out before you seal anything.

Other than that, enjoy your trailer! We sure enjoy ours.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I have a 23 351MS. I have 2 weep holes and water comes out of one of them principally. I was curious about this too, and I have a sticker on my ramp door that says certified weatherproof ramp door. Lippert is the manufacturer. If you Google and go to lipperts website it explains that water should not be an issue in these ramp doors that they have been using since 2020. My ramp door appears to have no sealer on it whatsoever and water gets in every time it rains but the next time I open the ramp door it comes out of the weep hole. It is apparently designed this way so I am going to try not to worry about it anymore
      2023 Momentum 351MS pulled by Casper, Tri-Coat Platinum 2012 F350 Super Cab single RW 4WD. Toys: 2003 Screaming Eagle Deuce, 2003 Screamin Eagle Roadking, 2017 CVO Ultra Limited. Secured in garage with B&W Biker Bars.

Comment

Working...
      X