Slide topper for 245RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide topper for 245RL

I've been looking and searching and even contacted eTrailer for what slide topper I need to get for our 2022-245 RL. Has anyone purchased one or know how long to slide is since we don't take possession of it for another week? It's one of the first things and I want to get put on the new rig! Thanks so much
    Andy and Stacy. New owners of a 2022 GD TRANSCEND 245RL pulled by a 2017 Ram Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7

You can have the dealer do the install before taking possession of the RV.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Ander122 View Post
      I've been looking and searching and even contacted eTrailer for what slide topper I need to get for our 2022-245 RL. Has anyone purchased one or know how long to slide is since we don't take possession of it for another week? It's one of the first things and I want to get put on the new rig! Thanks so much
      If the information I can access is accurate the slide is 111" side-to-side and, when extended, comes out 36".

It may not be an issue (I can't verify) but one measurement to talk about with your dealer: the Solara slide topper I personally installed on my 315RLTS requires the awning rail to be installed 3" above the highest point on the slide. From pictures it does not appear there's a whole lot of space above the 245RL's slide. In fact drawings of the 245RL the moderators have access to view show the opening in the wall has a 4" header at the top and then there's the roof. (Hope that makes sense.)

My point in conveying that concern is to arm you with information so you can inquire with your dealer if there's any concern.

Below is the exact wording from the Solera manual.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wording.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	102604

If you're interested in reading an installation thread, here's mine: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...all-19-315rlts

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks guys! I have reached out to our dealer to see the possibility of having one put on. I put one on our old rig but don't really feel like doing it again!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
        Andy and Stacy. New owners of a 2022 GD TRANSCEND 245RL pulled by a 2017 Ram Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7

Comment

Working...
        X