After Market Stairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Market Stairs

2017 Reflection LTE 28BHS - wanting to retrofit existing stairs with after market steps like the Lippert Solid Step. What are others experience, ease of install etc. Also what brands seem best?

If you go with any of the solid steps, I believe that Lippert is one of the most popular, you will have to make sure of clearance on the inside, the steps inside the door going up to bed/bathroom. If your steps inside are back away from the door then the solid steps should work. Not much to the install the solid steps bolt on the floor of the door opening. Others have done this on other models.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Jonmajors62

I'm (still) a fan of the Torklift Glowstep. A good thread with many options and various opinions (one that has a negative opinion of the Glowstep) is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...lift-glowsteps

There are many, many testimonials on this forum. Use Google or DuckDuckGo and search for Torklift Glowstep site:gdrvowners.com

For a wider perspective on different options, use this search criteria: replacement steps site:gdrvowners.com

There will be many threads to read!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Original 5er had the Lippert version, GD has the MORRyde ones. Be careful with the interior clearance. The MORRyde version has folding steps which reduce the inside profile by loads. This also helps reduce the load on the door frame lip as the load is closer to the lip.

In either case the only draw back is that the door must be opened past 135 degrees or more so the anti fall in lip can clear the screen door.

Also double and triple check the deck height of the camper. 1st 5er the steps were about 2" short and "bounced" with the legs fully extended on LEVEL ground. if ground had any cross slope with the low side on the street side, we had to put blocks under the legs.

https://www.morryde.com/products/fli...rv-entry-step/
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Here’s my opinion of the Torklift GlowStep Revolution along with comments by others. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...rade-on-my-303

I’m very happy with them. Easy to climb, solid when deployed, easy to deploy and they fit in the existing stair well outside.
          John & Kathy
          2014 Reflection 303RLS
          2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
          X