Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior Paint Sealant for $895 on 230RL??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Paint Sealant for $895 on 230RL??

Dealer is offering the exterior paint sealant that supposedly lasts five years and reduces the need to wax the camper.
    Anyone have experience with this? Is it worth the money? Are there alternatives?
    Thanks.

IMHO, most of these are just ways to part people from their hard-earned money. Regular washing and waxing works just fine.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by MJMCCAND View Post
      Dealer is offering the exterior paint sealant that supposedly lasts five years and reduces the need to wax the camper.
      Anyone have experience with this? Is it worth the money? Are there alternatives?
      Thanks.
      I agree with Rob. However, the right product can definitely protect the exterior better than nothing. Ceramic sealants are all the rage these days, but there are good and not-so-good. Find out exactly what product the dealer is suggesting then research. Find out if the person applying is manufacturer-qualified/trained. Once you have those pieces of info you'll be able to make an informed decision.

A channel I follow on YouTube is called Apex Detail. He goes into so much detail it's (almost) overwhelming. If you can get the name of the product I'll be glad to ask him what he thinks or research the specific product for a review.

His latest video covers the top three recommended polymer sealants. I don't know if it's applicable, but give it a view--it might help.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by MJMCCAND View Post
        Thanks.
        Amazingly the Apex Detail guy referenced what he uses for RVs in the video I linked above. I researched his videos and this is what he recommends:

Here's one specifically on an RV!

Last edited by howson; 01-14-2020, 07:33 PM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

How about many real world longevity tests?
          https://youtu.be/W9SJEMUCVTM

Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
          2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
          PullRite Superglide

Comment

Working...
          X