• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porch and DS Flood light bulb replacement

I have a 2018 Solitude 375res.
    Recently both the Porch light and the DS Flood light quit working,
    but not both at the same time.
    I am trying to figure out how to remove the plastic lens covers in order to replace the bulbs.
    There are no screws, so I assume the covers are held on by tabs or friction.
    But I thought someone might shed some light on this for me, before I try forcing the covers off and possibly damage them.

BTW, the switches which are both illuminated when turned on, still illuminate , so it is not a fuse issue.

Thanks for any input.

DanB -- sorry I can't help but wanted to welcome you to the forum. Hopefully someone here with a similar unit knows how to access the light.

It *may* be that the assembly must be replaced. If you give Grand Design Customer Service a call (574-825-9679) and provide your VIN they should be able to tell you whether the bulb is replaceable or not.

If you do have to call GD, please post a follow-up here with what you find out!

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by DanB View Post
      I have a 2018 Solitude 375res.
      Recently both the Porch light and the DS Flood light quit working,
      but not both at the same time.
      I am trying to figure out how to remove the plastic lens covers in order to replace the bulbs.
      There are no screws, so I assume the covers are held on by tabs or friction.
      But I thought someone might shed some light on this for me, before I try forcing the covers off and possibly damage them.

BTW, the switches which are both illuminated when turned on, still illuminate , so it is not a fuse issue.

Thanks for any input.
      I had the same issue. Just pop the plastic cover off with a flat screwdriver. It takes a 1156 12V/7FG bulb. Very easy fix.

Comment

Working...
      X