Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Roof Dimensions & Layout for Momentum 397th

Hello all,

While I wait for the opportune time to order my Momentum 397TH, I'm looking for input on the roof dimensions and layout of obstacles/supports to plan my solar array. Does anyone have this they can share? Any suggestions where I can find it?

Thanks, Steve
    My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Originally posted by Sckarolek View Post
    Hello all,

While I wait for the opportune time to order my Momentum 397TH, I'm looking for input on the roof dimensions and layout of obstacles/supports to plan my solar array. Does anyone have this they can share? Any suggestions where I can find it?

Thanks, Steve
    When you get a VIN you can call Customer Service and request a Roof Plan. They'll provide one that accurately reflects your unit.

Since all new GDs are coming "Solar Ready" you'll already have an access plate on the roof with wires running down to the (I think) front storage compartment. Wish I had that in my 315RLTS!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Thank you. Somehow I never saw this response to my question. I'm in the process of contacting GD with my VIN and look forward to having their roof drawing. I appreciate you taking time to respond and apologize for the delay in recognizing. Steve
      My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Comment

Originally posted by Sckarolek View Post
        howson Thank you. Somehow I never saw this response to my question. I'm in the process of contacting GD with my VIN and look forward to having their roof drawing. I appreciate you taking time to respond and apologize for the delay in recognizing. Steve
        If you can't get through to Customer Service I can have our GD rep here send you the drawing by Private Message ("PM"). Let me know if that's desired (and you're welcome!).
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X