Front cap versus tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cap versus tree

My inattention caused damage on our front cap, 2020 Solitude S 2930. Insurance claim has been entered with National General. We are work camping in Pagosa Springs and are planning to take unit to Tarpley RV in Durango, who have done work for us in the past. According to the parts lookup, the replacement cap will be painted with glass installed but decals need to be ordered separately. Has anyone had similar misfortune and what has been your timeframe. Fortunately our park has nice cabins, and NGIC does compensate us somewhat for time in the shop. Thank you in advance for your insight.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Hi Steve. Sorry to here about your cap. We just got back from the factory service center, and we were able to take an extensive tour of the parts warehouse. It was one of the most impressive warehouses I've ever seen. It was so clean and organized.

They have the decals sorted and stored flat to keep them in good shape. I assume they will have all the decals for a 2020 in stock. If your dealer can't or won't order them for you, they can be ordered directly from GDRV. The website is "retailparts@granddesignrv.com". But GDRV charges more for parts than your dealer will since they don't want to compete with dealerships.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
      My inattention caused damage on our front cap, 2020 Solitude S 2930. Insurance claim has been entered with National General. We are work camping in Pagosa Springs and are planning to take unit to Tarpley RV in Durango, who have done work for us in the past. According to the parts lookup, the replacement cap will be painted with glass installed but decals need to be ordered separately. Has anyone had similar misfortune and what has been your timeframe. Fortunately our park has nice cabins, and NGIC does compensate us somewhat for time in the shop. Thank you in advance for your insight.
      Sorry for you troubles
      Please update us on How Tarply does for you. Lets just say I have not had the best experience at times, but I am detail oriented and a bit.....well
      BTW where are you camped in Pagosa? Worth knowing a good place to stay
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda, thanks for your input. We have been workcamping for 7 years at least at Pagosa Springs RV Park. Beautiful grass sites, Blanco River runs through it. About 50 Rv sites, most are easy back in, great people to work with. 7 or 8 nicely decorated cabins, mostly park model. Come on by!
        2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Hi Steve. Sorry to here about your cap. We just got back from the factory service center, and we were able to take an extensive tour of the parts warehouse. It was one of the most impressive warehouses I've ever seen. It was so clean and organized.

They have the decals sorted and stored flat to keep them in good shape. I assume they will have all the decals for a 2020 in stock. If your dealer can't or won't order them for you, they can be ordered directly from GDRV. The website is "retailparts@granddesignrv.com". But GDRV charges more for parts than your dealer will since they don't want to compete with dealerships.

Jim
          Good morning Jim. Can you verify that website address for retail parts? In your post that looks more like an email address than a website. Please confirm. Thanks!

Dave
          40-year Camping Enthusiast
          2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Originally posted by COReflection View Post

Good morning Jim. Can you verify that website address for retail parts? In your post that looks more like an email address than a website. Please confirm. Thanks!

Dave
            Yes, it's an email address. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...nddesignrv-com
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              Got it thanks!
              40-year Camping Enthusiast
              2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
              2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Working...
              X