Issue with 2018 Momentum 397TH with Unstitched Slide Topper Awning Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with 2018 Momentum 397TH with Unstitched Slide Topper Awning Fabric

Hello everyone. Looking to see if anyone can offer any guidance. We have a 2018 Momentum 397th & the slide topper awning has ripped the stitching & come unattached. I called Carefree of Colorado after talking with GD for a part number.....unfortunately, we were sent the awning fabric. I have attached the diagram I got from GD, but my husband said it doesn't look like what we need is on there.

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Country Campers; 05-03-2023, 08:10 PM.

MommaH

First welcome to the Forum.

We have removed the drawing provided to you from Grand Design, they request that these drawings not be shared.

I think you will need to revisit this we Carefree of Colorado as I am guessing that they are the ones that made the mistake. On the slide topper awning tube there is a sticker with the part number from Carefree, give that to them and they should send you the proper fabric replacement.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If the fabric is not ripped but truly the stitching let go, you could try and have a local upholstery shop that does marine work re-stitch it together.

I would say you can hand stitch it using an upholstery needle especially since you would be using the existing holes, but that is a lot of stitching. if you do hand stitch, use 2 needles and cross stitch, or use a hook needle to loop and then pull the backing stitch through. I think the stitching is most likely just cotton.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just a reminder that the roller that the topper fabric wraps around is spring loaded. You will want to lock it in place before freeing the fabric from the trailer. This thread by howson may help: Messing with the Awning? PIN IT!!! - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
          Just a reminder that the roller that the topper fabric wraps around is spring loaded. You will want to lock it in place before freeing the fabric from the trailer. This thread by howson may help: Messing with the Awning? PIN IT!!! - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)
          Note of caution: the slide topper roller has springs at both ends, so secure both of them before disconnecting. Thankfully this roller is under much less tension so it's easier to do than the awning.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X