roof material ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof material ???

I know GD used to use EPDM and later switched to TPO. I was told by a dealer last week that the roof was now PVC. Never heard that before but dealers are lousy sources if actual true information sadly.
    2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
    2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
    2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
    2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

Originally posted by chunker View Post
    I know GD used to use EPDM and later switched to TPO. I was told by a dealer last week that the roof was now PVC. Never heard that before but dealers are lousy sources if actual true information sadly.
    There's nothing in my notes, but the last time I was at GD I seem to remember hearing there's an update to the TPO. I can't remember the exact terminology. Country Campers , TucsonJim or Cate&Rob --do any of you remember what was said? It's not PVC.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

No change that I know of. As of November, it was still TPS from Alpha Systems.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        No change that I know of. As of November, it was still TPS from Alpha Systems.

Jim
        TPO is what I expected. If a dealers lips are moving he's lying (or ignorant of the facts)

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

There's nothing in my notes, but the last time I was at GD I seem to remember hearing there's an update to the TPO. I can't remember the exact terminology.
          I remember this same discussion (Nov 2019 timeframe) that Grand Design was in the trial phase of switching to a new roof membrane material.
          GDRV-Megan can you confirm this ?

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Your dealer could have been referring to the Transcend. This is the only unit we build that has a PVC roof.

However, we have recently started to use a dura-ply rubber roof. We are beginning to use this on the Reflection line only. The other lines are still using the Alpha Superflex. I do not have information on IF or WHEN we will be changing the other units at this time. IF/WHEN I do have this info, I'll post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
              ...to the Transcend. This is the only unit we build that has a PVC roof.
              Wow--I didn't know that. I'll have to look closer next time I come across one in a campground.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Your dealer could have been referring to the Transcend. This is the only unit we build that has a PVC roof.

However, we have recently started to use a dura-ply rubber roof. We are beginning to use this on the Reflection line only. The other lines are still using the Alpha Superflex. I do not have information on IF or WHEN we will be changing the other units at this time. IF/WHEN I do have this info, I'll post it here.
                Thanks we were talking and looking at a Momentum at the time. I tend to take some dealer claims with a grain of salt which is why I asked here. What is the dura-ply rubber roof?

Comment

Thanks we were talking and looking at a Momentum at the time. I tend to take some dealer claims with a grain of salt which is why I asked here. What is the dura-ply rubber roof?
                  As I remember the conversation, it is the next-generation roof from Alpha systems. I *think* it is very similar in appearance to TPO.

Comment

Yes, what howson said.

Comment

Yes, what howson said.
                      Thanks Megan. Please look at my latest question in the "ask Grand design" section.

Comment

Working...
                      X