Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Reco

Hey friends...could some advice!

We moved our 2400BH under cover and am glad I did based on the hail storm we just had. However, the new problem are the birds. I just washed this two weeks ago they have had a hay day with my camper. So...looking for recommendations on a good cover that is fairly easy to take on and off. I can't keep washing this thing every time I pull it out and am worried about the damage they will do to the roof. The images below are just two weeks after I spent all day washing the darn thing!

Any help is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9029.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	112960 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9030.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	112961

Bob-O
    Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
    2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
    Northern Colorado​

That is pretty nasty. The only covers I know of are a fabric material and would keep the total RV clean from this mess. The major issue with them is that it takes 2 or more people to put them on and take them off, very hard to do by yourself especially if it is a little breezy. You might try a fake owl statue that might keep the birds away. You might also try putting plastic or metal on the ceiling of the storage structure so the birds do not have an place to sit.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey! Thanks again, Brian. lol.

Yea, it's pretty gross. The facility is not mine and will have to talk with the owner to see if he has any thoughts about it too. Pick your poison on this one I guess...no hail dents but...
      Bob-O
      Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
      2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
      Northern Colorado​

Comment

Are the perching on top of your camper?

I wonder if you could "dust" the roof with something like kitty litter that will just wash or blow off easily but not let the bird poop stick to the panel and covers.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Unfortunately not…they are perching above in the rafters. Spoke to the owner and he said they have been trying to know them down. They were nesting IN the bird spikes! Lol. He let me move spots…we shall see.
          Bob-O
          Northern Colorado​

Comment

One of our local grocery stores has an electronic bird deterrent under their cover. It chips some strange sound every X seconds and the birds will not even go around the front of the store. One covers a lot of area when set in the corner.

Don't know the brand the store uses, but there are several out there: https://bird-x.com/bird-products/electronic/ they are not "cheap" but not really that expensive either.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              One of our local grocery stores has an electronic bird deterrent under their cover. It chips some strange sound every X seconds and the birds will not even go around the front of the store. One covers a lot of area when set in the corner.
              Thanks! The owner ended getting a screeching owl that moves too! Lol. We have a lot of them (owls) in the area, so we shall see what happens.
              Bob-O
              Northern Colorado​

Comment

Working...
              X