Awning wind sensors - 2022 2400BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning wind sensors - 2022 2400BH

I am a frequent camper in Colorado and the wind can be VERY unpredictable in the mountains. I am not in the habit of leaving it open while gone from camp or overnight, but do often leave for brief periods to visit, take a walk etc... I am starting to research wind sensors that will retract the awning automatically of certain conditions are reached. I am looking for feedback regarding the success or failures that any one has experienced with these sensors. The camper info is in my signature and the awning brand is Solera. Any feedback offered is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Jim and Teri Lundstrom; 05-30-2023, 04:59 PM. Reason: Clarifying the info presented
    Jim & Terri
    2022 GD Imagine 2400BH (Ginny)
    2018 GMC Denali 2500 Diesel (Forrest Gump)
    Equalizer E4

We have a sensor on our middle awning that is supposedly set at 20 mph and it has closed the awning a few times. SWMBO is actually more sensitive to awning bounce than the sensor, so awnings get pulled in before the 20 mph gust, which is good because there may be an even bigger gust before the awning ever sees a 20 mph gust. We also pull awnings in before leaving, or never run them out if gusts of 16 mph or higher are in the forecast.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the sensors are a good backup to what you're already doing, but I wouldn't stop doing what you're doing.

John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
    X