Gaps in plywood on roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaps in plywood on roof

Hello, is it normal to feel a gap between the sheets of plywood on the roof? I am able to see the seams on the roof towards the front of my fifth wheel. When you press on the seam you can feel a gap between the sheets of plywood decking under the roofing material. I would guess the gaps are about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch. Not sure if it is just the contour of the roof or if it’s an issue. I don’t feel any gaps towards the rear of the rv where the roof is straight. Thanks
    2019 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2022 GD Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Comment

Upnorth777

The first three pictures are unusual. Hard to say if it will be a problem as the gap appears to not be wide enough to affect walking on the surface.

The last two are what I'm characterize as not unusual. On my roof the seams are easy to find, too.

What year and model of GDRV? Please fill out your signature line as outlined in the Welcome Letter (link off home page).

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you. I have added my signature line. I have a 2022 Reflection 150 Series 295RL. The roof seems stable when walking on it. A little flex but I’m about 245 lbs, so there’s that…

Comment

I would get it documented with your dealer as well as GD.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X