2019 2150RB Roof Decking Popping Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 2150RB Roof Decking Popping Up

Well, my first problem and sure hope all goes well — maybe some have experienced this. I have a 2019 2150RB Imagine purchased from LaMesa and used very little in its first year. Anyhow, have our first big trip planned out and getting ready to head out 1st week of March heading West —- started by cleaning the leaves from on top of the awning and came across what appears to be a length of “decking under the roof material that has popped loose” - you can see it in the picture. I immediately called LaMesa (Sanford FL - my Dealer) and the earliest Appt was 2/1/20 - I then called and reported it to Grand Design. I bought the TT on 2/6/19 — I assumed the decking was structural and covered for three years but was told “no” it is only covered for “One” year! Thus was caught by the skin of my teeth. Anyhow, please take a look at the pictures - this is approximately a little over 1 foot in length and can be “pressed” back down by hand. What should my expectations be for LaMesa to properly repair this per Grand Designs ‘Expectations?’ How do you think it should be repaired? I don’t want a patch on a basically new trailer.
    We are also concerned about the viability of the overall decking since this decking “already” separated— what happens later??
    One other area of concern with the roof that I had not noticed before is where the roof material wraps on the edge “all around” on each side of the trailer the roof material does not appear to be glued down — I can press down easily with with my finger all along the edge - is this normal?
    We are afraid of what this will do to the marketability of the TT as when we return in approx 3 months we will be shopping for our permanent home on wheels - a Momentum fifth wheel.
    Please see the attached pictures - look forward to your reply.
    Thank you so much .....

I've never heard of the decking material which is 3/8" OSB coming loose. But there's a first time for everything. I also would not accept a patch job. I'm guessing here, but I believe this can be repaired without having to resort to a patch. Here's how I'd approach it.

1. Remove the awning and drip rail on that side of the coach.
    2. Remove the sealant on the front cap.
    3. Peel back the roofing material
    4. Fasten down the loose OSB.
    5. Reattach the roof and reseal.

They had to peel my roof back when they replaced a delaminated wall. The repair has held up well, and you'd never be able to see what they did upon examining the roof. It looks like the original install.

And regarding the roof being glued down. What you're seeing is normal and expected.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X