2023 320MKS shattered dining room window expereince...not good so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 320MKS shattered dining room window expereince...not good so far

I'm sad to say this hasnt been a good expereince. I had the external pane shatter outward while the unit was parked in my back yard last week. since then I have been trying to get service. dealer sent me to GD, GD sent me to dealer, GD was very rude, even almost angry at me on the phone. all I want is a path to repair the window. ideally warranty as the unti wasnt even moving and it would seem likely a defect in the glass, but regardless it has to be fixed by some path and I didnt know what steps to take.

First has anyone had a window just shatter? in reading it seems not common but not unheard of either with tempered glass RV windows.

second, I bought over 130k cdn unit and have been treated very poorly so far. not the expereince I expected after doing my research before purchase especailly with a product this expensive. I expected to at least be treated with some respect and help. BTW, 3rd dealer I went to has been awesome ( Woody's in Red Deer Alberta). Has anyone had a similar expereince with GD, or even more specifically Ron the manager of the retail service team?

A path to share this feedback formally with GD ( with all coorespondance and pictures etc) would be appreicated if anyone knows who to reach out too.
    Last edited by Stephenb; 06-02-2023, 02:19 PM.

Hi StephenB.

So sorry to hear about your window experience. My suggestion would be to contact Lippert Customer Service at 574-537-8900. Lippert is the primary manufacturer of windows installed on GDRV products. Their customer service team is very helpful, and may be able to point you in the correct direction to get this resolved.

If you want to consider getting the window replaced on your own, you might try their website dedicated to windows. Here's a link:
    https://www.lci1.com/rv-windows

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenb View Post
      I'm sad to say this hasnt been a good expereince. I had the external pane shatter outward while the unit was parked in my back yard last week. since then I have been trying to get service. dealer sent me to GD, GD sent me to dealer, GD was very rude, even almost angry at me on the phone. all I want is a path to repair the window. ideally warranty as the unti wasnt even moving and it would seem likely a defect in the glass, but regardless it has to be fixed by some path and I didnt know what steps to take.

First has anyone had a window just shatter? in reading it seems not common but not unheard of either with tempered glass RV windows.

second, I bought over 130k cdn unit and have been treated very poorly so far. not the expereince I expected after doing my research before purchase especailly with a product this expensive. I expected to at least be treated with some respect and help. BTW, 3rd dealer I went to has been awesome ( Woody's in Red Deer Alberta). Has anyone had a similar expereince with GD, or even more specifically Ron the manager of the retail service team?

A path to share this feedback formally with GD ( with all coorespondance and pictures etc) would be appreicated if anyone knows who to reach out too.
      Sorry to hear of your issue. Just about anything can cause a tempered window to shatter including a bird strike, debris from mowing (neighbor?), or over time a small road chip on the edge and then direct sun moving across it (partial shade), so who knows. It does not appear based on internet pictures of your model to be a track mounted sliding window as I have, so a sharp track edge is probably not the cause. I seriously doubt any trailer manufacturer would cover window breakage under warranty except for factory to dealer. or a known faulty connection (assembly) such as a hinge, etc..

Have you tried a good commercial glass shop in your area. Many times they can fabricate what you need and evaluate the situation as to what might have caused it to brake.

On a previous trailer (Thor Wanderer) I had a big oval track window shatter in the frame. Glass shop fabricated a plexiglass replacement and ordered new glass cut to a template they made. During the install they found what caused the window to brake which was an improperly installed screw in the frame that impinged on the glass edge. They corrected the issue , installed the glass and I was on my way. I got a partial reimbursement from my dealer (Thor brand)

I hope you get things worked out.

As for GD customer service I have never had a negative issue. Yes they have directed me to others like Lippert of Dometic, for the product in question. In fact with my frame crack issue GD went to bat for me with Lippert when Lippert did not respond to my issue and followed up to make sure Lippert resolved the issue . Everyone can have a bad day though.

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Here is a link to a window replace done by one of our members. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...tion-pit-falls

As Keith suggest, I would try a local glass shop. You do want to get that tempered if possible.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

thank you all for the replies. some excellent ideas and paths forward. much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X