Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof membrane ripples

howson TucsonJim

might be over examining but it’s only the second time I’ve taken her out and as I’m washing today I’m going over everything and checking stuff. Are these ripples normal for a roof membrane? There were no leaks and we had a pretty good Texas storm on Friday so I was pumped about that, but I was curious if it was supposed to be glued down or stretched tight or anything. I tagged you guys cause y’all seem to be the master Yodas around here.
    • 2023 Imagine 2800BH
    • 2013 GMC Sierra 2500 6.6 Duramax (LML)
    • Family Travels with kids and dog
    • Love cool upgrades

I will not say it is right or wrong but ours looked the same when new and most have layed down. I would not worry about it but would keep an eye on it, roof inspection every time you can. Also with this being a new unit you may want to document it with your dealer as well as Grand Desing, won't hurt to do that.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers I forgot country camper yoda! My bad! That’sa great thoughts and thank you!
      • 2023 Imagine 2800BH
      • 2013 GMC Sierra 2500 6.6 Duramax (LML)
      • Family Travels with kids and dog
      • Love cool upgrades

Comment

AAMAFIGHTER

I agree with Brian. Keep inspecting and monitor over time. Pay special attention to any seams that have sealant and repair as needed immediately. Water is the enemy!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

TPO is an odd material. It will stretch and recover over time. It will get ripples like yours that may be there permanently, or they may shrink back down. Will it affect the integrity of the roof? Not likely. As others have stated, keep an eye on things. But I think you'll be fine. Now, if that was an EPDM roof, it would need to be addressed right away.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X