Roof seam to cap ripples 2023 2600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof seam to cap ripples 2023 2600

When cleaning my roof for the first time I noticed 2 small ripples on the front cap seam. As if a side to side squeeze was occuring. Advised dealer about this and a couple other issues like 2 small holes in seam where solar wires enter and a damaged attic vent body. While waiting for my appointment for repairs ( about 10 days so far ) I kept it in a storage building. When I hooked up and brought her home today I inspected the roof line/ cap again. I found there are now 4 ripples and two parallel 1/2 moon hairline cracks in the cap. Too buggy to get pictures this evening. What am I up against as I have reservations for 06/24. This appears to be a major deal.

Comment

This definitely warrants further investigation and repair. But you have some options with regards to timing. If you want to take advantage of your reservations, you could schedule the repair for after your return. But I'd protect the area with a tarp if any rain is expected.

In the mean time, I'd suggest you forward these photos to Grand Design customer service along with your VIN. This will provide a record of the issue to prove that it happened during the warranty period. The email for customer service is:

customerservice@granddesignrv.com

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have never seen a front cap ripple like that, unusual for sure. It looks like the sealant is all good but hard to tell from the pictures.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you to both moderators responding,
          Our dealer is handling this, and has gotten a pre approval for cap / decal replacement from G.D.
          Our dealer will be doing the work . They put an eternabond strip across it so it would be protected from weather or wind pulling it free while they were addressing a few other minor issues. They said that they had never seen this before also.
          So far everyone has been 100% helpful on this end to remedy a very unusual issue. They will coordinate with me between trips or do in October when we are done using our rig for the season here. Scheduling to be done after parts are in hand.
          Thanks Again, we can't wait to get out.

Comment

Rickrev - Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that this will be addressed. It sure is unusual though.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Cap/ decals and parts are all in at dealer and will be scheduling replacement soon. Parts were in a few weeks ago or more ? We were gone for a bit. 1st trip. Everything was handled well by my dealer.

Comment

Working...
              X