Slide topper installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide topper installation

I recently purchased a 2017 Imagine 2600 RB and have ordered a Solera slide topper. I have 5" between the T molding and rain gutter. Instructions require a minimum of 3" spacing between the topper rail and T molding. I plan to install the rail against the rain gutter to allow as much slope as possible. I am concerned where any backing is located and possibly the higher it is mounted the more wind it may catch while towing. Also should the rail screws be positioned below for better rain protection or above for better future access? I have butyl tape for connections. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by off2hike View Post
    I recently purchased a 2017 Imagine 2600 RB and have ordered a Solera slide topper. I have 5" between the T molding and rain gutter. Instructions require a minimum of 3" spacing between the topper rail and T molding. I plan to install the rail against the rain gutter to allow as much slope as possible. I am concerned where any backing is located and possibly the higher it is mounted the more wind it may catch while towing. Also should the rail screws be positioned below for better rain protection or above for better future access? I have butyl tape for connections. Any suggestions?
    Did you see this thread where I documented my installation? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...all-19-315rlts

May be helpful.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, that's helpful

Comment

Working...
      X