Slide Topper Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Topper Color

We are looking to add slide toppers to our 2020 337RLS. Question I have is what color would be the best choice? My thinking is that the white would reflect heat rather that the dark brown absorbing it. Thoughts?
    Bob P.
    2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
    2020 337RLS
    VIN last 8 L3326309

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
    We are looking to add slide toppers to our 2020 337RLS. Question I have is what color would be the best choice? My thinking is that the white would reflect heat rather that the dark brown absorbing it. Thoughts?
    The DW was more concerned about the aesthetics than if the white was slightly cooler. The air gap between the topper and the slide should provide plenty of ventilation to keep the slide at ambient air temperature. If you haven't seen it, here's my install: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...all-19-315rlts
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Like Howson says, the gap between the slide and the topper make the heat factor moot. We have black, matches our mostly black paint job.
      2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
      2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
      E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
      Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Thanks guys and Yes, Howard, I did see your install. That is what put it back on my radar. Our 5th is the new white gel coat with the existing awnings already the black ones.
        Bob P.
        2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
        2020 337RLS
        VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Working...
        X