ladder extention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladder extention

Just purchased the brand new solitude 390 rk. My question is, what was grand designs idea for roof access as the first step of the ladder is three feet off the ground and there is no bumper? You need to be a gymnast to get to the first step. Was there supposed to be an extension that I ddi not get?

I've never seen an extension on a Grand Design ladder. Neither of our Grand Design 5th wheels had one and both of them required a decent step up to the lowest rung on the ladder. I'm 6' 4" so it's not too difficult for me. If I was a foot shorter, I'd probably use a step stool or something similar.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by rodfess@yahoo.com View Post
      Just purchased the brand new solitude 390 rk. My question is, what was grand designs idea for roof access as the first step of the ladder is three feet off the ground and there is no bumper? You need to be a gymnast to get to the first step. Was there supposed to be an extension that I ddi not get?
      Get a small plastic step stool. It's one of the few items I keep immediately available just inside the pass-thru storage.

A moderator note--I see you are new, so your forum name is fine if you choose to leave it that way but generally using your email address is not a good idea. This board is frequently "crawled" by search services. If you'd like it shortened to just "rodfess" (or something else) I can make the change for you. You can't change it at this point but I can--or any of the other moderators. 100% your choice. If I can help let me know.

-Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X