New RV Beautiful Awning Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RV Beautiful Awning Noise

Just brought it home today (2020 376THS) put out the awnings so we could see how well the lights did (perfect lighting) but as the large front awning was going out a very rhythmic bell ringing coming from the front motor area.

I REALLY don't want to take it back to the dealer (2.5 hours away).. IS this something obvious somebody else might have experienced? I'm hoping it's something I can fix.

Originally posted by Itsbob View Post
    Just brought it home today (2020 376THS) put out the awnings so we could see how well the lights did (perfect lighting) but as the large front awning was going out a very rhythmic bell ringing coming from the front motor area.

I REALLY don't want to take it back to the dealer (2.5 hours away).. IS this something obvious somebody else might have experienced? I'm hoping it's something I can fix.
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, ItsBob. (Funny forum name!)

I can't help with your specific problem, but there may be another option other than taking it back to the dealer. Call Grand Design's Customer Service tomorrow and tell them the issue. Ask if there is an independent mobile technician service near you since you are so far away from your dealer and if GD will authorize the mobile tech to come and look at the issue. Be aware that you may have some out-of-pocket expense that you'll have to pay the mobile tech (I think they call it a "service fee" or something like that) but GD will pay for the actual repair, if there is any required. In some cases the mobile tech will require full payment and you'll get reimbursed (minus the service fee) if pre-approved by GD.

GDRV-Megan--did I get that right?

Me? I'd have the issue documented and keep on checking out my new trailer. When there's an issue that *really* needs to get fixed ASAP, then have the dealer fix the awning at the same time. Just my .02.

GD's number is 574-825-9679
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, ItsBob. (Funny forum name!)

I can't help with your specific problem, but there may be another option other than taking it back to the dealer. Call Grand Design's Customer Service tomorrow and tell them the issue. Ask if there is an independent mobile technician service near you since you are so far away from your dealer and if GD will authorize the mobile tech to come and look at the issue. Be aware that you may have some out-of-pocket expense that you'll have to pay the mobile tech (I think they call it a "service fee" or something like that) but GD will pay for the actual repair, if there is any required. In some cases the mobile tech will require full payment and you'll get reimbursed (minus the service fee) if pre-approved by GD.

GDRV-Megan--did I get that right?

Me? I'd have the issue documented and keep on checking out my new trailer. When there's an issue that *really* needs to get fixed ASAP, then have the dealer fix the awning at the same time. Just my .02.

GD's number is 574-825-9679
      You got it right! #nailedit! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X