Venting microwave fan to outside on 2020 Reflection 295 RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lydia S. View Post
    Thanks so much for your input this helps a lot ....yes nervous about cutting a hole in our brand new 2020 5th ....just don’t understand why GD made the decision not to vent to the outside. But I have to say I love this coach.
    For us, we just power up the ceiling fan and turn on the recirculating fan on the microwave and we don't have an issue at all.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I also have this problem. Let me know if it is possible to put one in or if you were successful! Was so disappointed that it didn’t vent outside. But yes love the trailer otherwise!

Comment

We were told by our dealer that our stove vented to the outside via microwave fan to the roof after climbing up there that is not true that was a roof truss vent. I would like to vent to outside wall is there anything that would prevent me from doing so? Studs etc. I cook a lot and the fan in ceiling just doesn’t vent enough. I would of never purchased this model had I been told the truth. 295RL VIN 573FR3426L3415851
        I just replied to your private message with the requested drawings.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I just replied to your private message with the requested drawings.
          Megan
          Could I get the drawing for our 2018 374TH-R Solitude too please? My vin is in my profile.

Thanks, KEN
          2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. It's HUGE.
          Update: Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19
          10-19-18 - 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4 X 4 Long Box.

Comment

Originally posted by orbiker View Post

Megan
            Could I get the drawing for our 2018 374TH-R Solitude too please? My vin is in my profile.

Thanks, KEN
            Ken,
            Are you asking for the Sidewall, O/D/S - BACKERS drawing or something else?

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Ken,
              Are you asking for the Sidewall, O/D/S - BACKERS drawing or something else?

Howard
              Yes
              A drawing of the kitchen slide outside wall on a 374TH-R. KEN
              2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. It's HUGE.
              Update: Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19
              10-19-18 - 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4 X 4 Long Box.

Comment

Originally posted by orbiker View Post

Yes
                A drawing of the kitchen slide outside wall on a 374TH-R. KEN
                GDRV-Megan -- orbiker requests the above drawing for his 2018 374TH-R Solitude. VIN is in profile.

TIA!

-Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I have a 2020 230RL and I would like to vent my microwave outside too let me know what you find I will keep looking to see what I can find
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by teamtwister View Post
                    I have a 2020 230RL and I would like to vent my microwave outside too let me know what you find I will keep looking to see what I can find
                    Thanks
                    Whom are you addressing your statement to, teamtwister?

Forum hint: use the "Quote" function and your reply will automatically contain the info so everyone knows can read who is writing to whom (like this post). Another trick is to "tag" the individual you're addressing by using the @ symbol followed by their username, like this: teamtwister

Howard

Comment

We were told by our dealer that our stove vented to the outside via microwave fan to the roof after climbing up there that is not true that was a roof truss vent. I would like to vent to outside wall is there anything that would prevent me from doing so? Studs etc. I cook a lot and the fan in ceiling just doesn’t vent enough. I would of never purchased this model had I been told the truth. 295RL VIN 573FR3426L3415851
                      Lydia Welcome to the group.
                      To find the metal backer and possibly any structural aluminum frame a good stud finder should work. On the inside it should pick up the edge of the metal backer, and on the outside it should be able to see the framing. Now when I say good stud finder I am not talking about Harbor Freight quality. The package should indicate it can find metal studs. Good luck.
                      Keith
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

So I just did this modification and it is awesome. Came out great and works flawlessly. Almost took the trailer back when I found out it vented inside and puts greasy mess on the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyfixit View Post
                          So I just did this modification and it is awesome. Came out great and works flawlessly. Almost took the trailer back when I found out it vented inside and puts greasy mess on the ceiling.
                          Jimmy - Great work. Where did you get the template from?

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie
                          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyfixit View Post
                            Nice work, If you haven't already considered it. Spray Paint the new cover to eliminate UV damage, yellowing later on. Painting it off the trailer makes the task simpler however painting it on the trailer requires masking off 36 inches around the cover plus the screws will then match.

Gary F
                            Gary F
                            2020 Solitude 375RES-R
                            2019 Ford Super Duty diesel Dually

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jimmy - Great work. Where did you get the template from?

Jim
                              Template was in the microwave paperwork supplied with the trailer.more of a guideline depending on which vent you buy. And adjust to your hole size.

Comment

our first trip out my wife fried some ground beef and we found our the smoke detector workded dam vent system :(

Comment

Working...
                                X