310GK Slide Toppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310GK Slide Toppers

Has anyone installed slide toppers on their 310GK? I bought mine and I am curious about slide with the awning on it. If you have done this and have a few pics I’d like to see. It appears that the brackets are mounted above the awning.

I took some snaps for you - but they are kinda overwhelming the forum system. PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

We had the dealer install toppers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3296.JPG
Views:	633
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	15000Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3298.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	14999Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3297.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	15001
      Attached Files
      RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK-R
      TV: 2020 GMC 3500 DRW

Comment

The toppers do not interfere with the awnings. from the documentation, I think the brand is Carefree of Colorado.
        RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK-R
        TV: 2020 GMC 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by swmurray View Post
          The toppers do not interfere with the awnings. from the documentation, I think the brand is Carefree of Colorado.
          Do the mounting screws for the brackets go thru the flange? Did they cut them off?

Comment

Originally posted by Glamping4two View Post

Do the mounting screws for the brackets go thru the flange? Did they cut them off?
            On our factory installation, there are no holes or screws on the back side of the flange. I don't know how they accomplished that... perhaps the screws are slightly below the top of the slide roof.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

On our factory installation, there are no holes or screws on the back side of the flange. I don't know how they accomplished that... perhaps the screws are slightly below the top of the slide roof.

Rob
              Ok cool. I may purchase small shorter screws. Mine are long and I know they will go thru.

Comment

These are Rob's ( Second Chance 's) photos:

Name:	IMG_1535 (Large).JPG
Views:	619
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	15025

Name:	IMG_1536 (Large).JPG
Views:	744
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	15026

Name:	IMG_1537 (Large).JPG
Views:	588
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	15027

Name:	IMG_1538 (Large).JPG
Views:	662
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	15028

Name:	IMG_1539 (Large).JPG
Views:	687
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	15029
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Last pic from Second Chance :

Name:	IMG_1540 (Large).JPG
Views:	636
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	15031
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
                    So I'm going to be forced to go with the flange installation because my awning fasteners are located where Solera recommends placing the topper fasteners.

As Rob suggests above, it's going to be really important that the screws/bolts/nuts I'll be putting thru the flange don't prevent the flange from butting up flush with the side of the trailer.

Rob's factory installation seems to have gotten around the problem, but as he says, "I don't know how they accomplished that...". Does anyone have any ideas or advice.

Thanks.

-Steve
                    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                    Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post
                      Rob's factory installation seems to have gotten around the problem, but as he says, "I don't know how they accomplished that...". Does anyone have any ideas or advice.
                      I know you read my install thread since you posted in it (#36): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...all-19-315rlts

The Carefree plates that attach to Second Chance Rob's camper appear shorter (vertically) than the Lippert plates I had to install. From Rob's photos it looks to me like the factory put the slide topper on first, then the awning was installed below.

I suggest p​​​​roviding GDRV-Megan with your VIN so she can send you the Sidewall-DS-Backers drawing for your camper by PM. You'll be able to see exactly where the outside EGS backers are located and why the slide topper and awnings are installed in those locations.

I know Cate&Rob has a flange-installed slide topper (pics in post 15 in my thread). Rob--are there nuts or other hardware on the backside holding the access plate to the flange or are the screws going into the slide itself?

steve&renee -- I'd be leery of having any hardware protruding through the back of the flange unless I was 100% certain there's no interference with the bulb seal upon slide retraction. That's why I decided to lower my awning arms which, in my case, worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

...unless I was 100% certain there's no interference with the bulb seal upon slide retraction.
                        Thanks for the feedback. Yup, I'm aware of your solution to the problem -- I'm just looking for an easier out. I'm pretty sure that Second Chance Rob's pics and Cate&Rob other Rob's pics confirm a flange mount is possible, but I want to understand what needs to happen before I tackle it. I do get the bulb-seal interference issue.

GDRV-Megan, if you could send me the Sidewall-DS-Backers drawing for my camper by PM, that would be great. My VIN # is in my profile.

Thanks.

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                        Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                        2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                        18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                        640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                        Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                        Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

Thanks for the feedback. Yup, I'm aware of your solution to the problem -- I'm just looking for an easier out. I'm pretty sure that Second Chance Rob's pics and Cate&Rob other Rob's pics confirm a flange mount is possible, but I want to understand what needs to happen before I tackle it. I do get the bulb-seal interference issue.

GDRV-Megan, if you could send me the Sidewall-DS-Backers drawing for my camper by PM, that would be great. My VIN # is in my profile.

Thanks.

-Steve
                          Sent to your inbox.

Comment

Installing my slide toppers today. I was curious to know if anyone has mounted their rail a bit higher on one end for rain runoff? I know instructions level but I was thinking of the the potential rain pooling. Let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Glamping4two View Post
                              Installing my slide toppers today. I was curious to know if anyone has mounted their rail a bit higher on one end for rain runoff? I know instructions level but I was thinking of the the potential rain pooling. Let me know!
                              I considered doing the same but ended up following the instructions. In case you haven't read my install thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...all-19-315rlts

Comment

Working...
                              X