TorkLift GlowStep Revolution tread-nut torque spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorkLift GlowStep Revolution tread-nut torque spec

I love my GlowSteps, but they were a little stiff extracting and retracting -- so I loosened all the tread-nuts without reading the manual. 'Cause I'm a take charge kind of guy, see?

Anyway, now they really retract! Like a waterfall coming down.

Well I finally went back and read the manual, and there's only four tread-nuts your supposed to adjust to control the stiffness. The other tread-nuts are torqued to a specific load at the factory.

Anybody know what the proper factory torque should be. I'd like to be able to start from square 1 and adjust the stiffness the way the adjustment was intended.

Thanks.

-Steve
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post
    I love my GlowSteps, but they were a little stiff extracting and retracting -- so I loosened all the tread-nuts without reading the manual. 'Cause I'm a take charge kind of guy, see?

Anyway, now they really retract! Like a waterfall coming down.

Well I finally went back and read the manual, and there's only four tread-nuts your supposed to adjust to control the stiffness. The other tread-nuts are torqued to a specific load at the factory.

Anybody know what the proper factory torque should be. I'd like to be able to start from square 1 and adjust the stiffness the way the adjustment was intended.

Thanks.

-Steve
    No, but thanks for the tip about the adjustment points. I hadn't read the manual, either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Glowstep.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	15277
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X