Cracked Front Cap Decals on Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Front Cap Decals on Imagine

New to the forum. We have a 2016 Grand Design Imagine. Has anyone had trouble with the front decals cracking? If so, what can be done? Makes the whole rig look bad. Thanks

Originally posted by T Higley View Post
    New to the forum. We have a 2016 Grand Design Imagine. Has anyone had trouble with the front decals cracking? If so, what can be done? Makes the whole rig look bad. Thanks
    I moved your post to the Exterior channel of the Technical Forum. Welcome! I'm sure someone here will have some expertise on this matter.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by T Higley View Post
      Welcome.

Our previous TT (KZ Spree) did this as well. The only thing to do is replace it or just remove it. The sun and traveling is hard on these decals. Keeping a good coat of wax on them will help prolong there life but it seems that this does not help everybody.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

T Higley
        This is not an uncommon problem. As Brian says, the choices are removal or removal and replacement. Grand Design went to a 5 year warranty on decals (after 2016?) but if you contact their Customer Service, they may still provide replacements. I believe their warranty is "replacement material only" . . . I don't think they cover labor. There are some good tools and processes for removing vinyl decals from fibreglass. We can get into the details of this if you would like. Be careful with waxing decals. Many (most?) RV waxes are specific about NOT applying to vinyl decals.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          T Higley
          This is not an uncommon problem. As Brian says, the choices are removal or removal and replacement. Grand Design went to a 5 year warranty on decals (after 2016?) but if you contact their Customer Service, they may still provide replacements. I believe their warranty is "replacement material only" . . . I don't think they cover labor. There are some good tools and processes for removing vinyl decals from fibreglass. We can get into the details of this if you would like. Be careful with waxing decals. Many (most?) RV waxes are specific about NOT applying to vinyl decals.

Rob
          We had the main front decal on our rig removed off the cap when we had it detailed last year. May do the same for the rest of them since they are cracking on the nose too. Side decals are fine, though. Not sure the quality on these, but I had decals on my last TT on the front and they lasted pretty much the 14 years we had the trailer. They were still going after 14 years.
          Tony G
          2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
          2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
          KTM 250XC

Comment

This is a very common occurence. Whether you replace the decals or not, you'll still want to remove them. Although I haven't used the product I'm linking to below, I've heard tremendous success stories about the ease of removal when using it. I believe GDRV started the five year warranty with the 2017 models, but even if they won't provide them for free, you can probably still order the decals through your dealership. Call GDRV customer service at 5748259679 so see what they can do. Be prepared when you call. They will need your VIN when you call them.

https://www.autotrimdesign.net/Graph...mover_GROG.asp

If you can't get all the decals off with GraphXOff, you can try using a 3M stripe wheel. Here's a link:

https://smile.amazon.com/Stripe-Whee...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X