2020 Imagine 2600 battery shelf too tight for battery box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
    I appreciate the suggestions for an aluminum dual battery box but first, they are even wider than the camco box (7.4 inches wide)I'm looking to install. The OEM box came in at 7.6 inches (even wider) than the camco box.

And second, $300+ for one of those is over budget. Having just purchased 2 lithium batteries, a lithium converter/charger and a victron BMV-712, I've run the budget out for this project. The wife agreed to spend under $2000 and I've pushed that a bit. Luckily I was able to take advantage of the Costco sale on Lion Energy UT-1300 batteries.

Since I didn't list the distance between the two rails earlier, it is 7.1 inches, which is about right if you just wanted to put a Group 24 battery directly onto the rails and not have it protected from the weather. Hopefully this was a mistake during build by GD and not their normal build.
    For clarification, the frames under our trailers (all of them) come from Lippert. If there was a mistake with the battery rails, it was Lippert's doing not GD's. Think of the frame like the microwave--it's a component pre-assembled by a different OEM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I wasn't thinking of Lippert being the ones who made the mistake. Thank you for the information and correction. Never occurred to me it was Lippert. I do think GD might want to get together with Lippert to make sure the chassis have the rails for the battery boxes at the correct width..
      2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
      2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
      Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
      FMCA # 489460

Comment

Since the battery support rails are “close” to wide enough, I expect that we are seeing a production tolerance. The information that Grand Design can use here (and relay back to LCI) is that these rails need to be spaced a little wider.
        GDRV-Megan

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I had problems with the rails on our Reflection. The group 27 battery box the dealer supplied fit with no problems, but I asked them to install the two 6 volt batteries from my trade in. They didn't fit between the rails. They were a 1/4' wider. Ended up cutting a little bit out of the bottom of the boxes. No problem with then filling up with water.
          2018 Reflection 315RLTS
          2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

My Imagine came with a group 27 Deka battery. Today I dropped in my Lithium battery which is supposed to be a group 31 and it dropped right in. I believe the battery box I have will accept several battery sizes. I'm leaning on moving the battery with the battery box to the pass through since the plastic battery boxes are not water proof.

The rails on my Imagine 2600RB are 7.5" for the inside dimension.

An interesting site on case size.

https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tool...oup-sizes.html

Jim
            Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I wasn't thinking of Lippert being the ones who made the mistake. Thank you for the information and correction. Never occurred to me it was Lippert. I do think GD might want to get together with Lippert to make sure the chassis have the rails for the battery boxes at the correct width..
              I would recommend contacting Lippert directly with a picture of your frame tag readily available. They can send you the prints for the a-frame, so that you can make sure it's built to print.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I would recommend contacting Lippert directly with a picture of your frame tag readily available. They can send you the prints for the a-frame, so that you can make sure it's built to print.
                I'm not able to access the trailer right now. Where would the tag be located?
                2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
                Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                FMCA # 489460

Comment

I'm not able to access the trailer right now. Where would the tag be located?
                  On travel trailers, the frame tag is located on the curbside front of the I-beam. If this one is not available, there is also a frame tag located on the inside of the roadside draw bars. Here's what they look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame tag locations.PNG
Views:	311
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	16687

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

On travel trailers, the frame tag is located on the curbside front of the I-beam. If this one is not available, there is also a frame tag located on the inside of the roadside draw bars.
                    Thank you. I have to find it and get a photo.

Norris
                    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                    FMCA # 489460

Comment

Working...
                    X