Locate Roof Frame on 353G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locate Roof Frame on 353G?

I am going to install a cellular antenna on my 353g trailer. I need a hole in the roof to accommodate the antenna wire bundle. The hole will be in the front side of the bunk off of the kitchen with wires routed down the wall and going through another hole in the bunk wall to the top area of the cabinets above the love seat, gathering power and ground through the control center in the same cabinets.

Originally posted by Dslsmk View Post
    I am going to install a cellular antenna on my 353g trailer. I need a hole in the roof to accommodate the antenna wire bundle. The hole will be in the front side of the bunk off of the kitchen with wires routed down the wall and going through another hole in the bunk wall to the top area of the cabinets above the love seat, gathering power and ground through the control center in the same cabinets.
    Dslsmk--moved your post to the Technical Forum's Exterior Channel.

GDRV-Megan -- Dslsmk 's VIN is in their profile. Please PM them a copy of the ROOF drawing applicable to their unit.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Dslsmk View Post
      You might want to consider using the solar wiring route that's already available on your roof. While I have no personal experience trying this, it might be possible to fish down an antenna wire for your purposes though the wire may not end up in the area desired.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The roof framing is wood so any stud finder will work. You could also go old school and rap on it until the sound changes on the rafter. First welcome to the forum. Please consider adding your rig information to you signature as to year. On my unit the dealer ran the wiring for my solar from the roof down the chase beside the sewer vent pipe, They went through the seal beside the pipe. Plenty of room to get all the way to the basement, or inside the wall the sewer pipe is in.

Hope this helps
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X