No announcement yet.

RV Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about a cover also for my 2020 22 RBE. Should a person take the gutter extensions off or what do some of you do to protect them. Plus are the pillows necessary or can you just put the cover over the Air Conditioner and Max Air covers?
    Bill Nelson

2019 Chevy Silverado with 6.2 and 10 speed trans

2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Comment

There are a few folks here who use or have used covers. Jim Guest comes to immediate mind as one who shared some good ideas and pictures on how to address the questions you ask along with other aspects. Hopefully Jim will chime in.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Canyonlight Dan,

I use a cover from Calmark Cover Co out in CA. Its 100% Sunbrella and its not worn at all in 4 winters now. It was a bit pricey at $900 shipped but it fits tight and does not blow around and erode the sides or front cap. My Max Air roof vents have dulled on the top but only the birds can see this. Maybe this reflects on the quality of the max air vents as my air conditioner cover looks like new on top.
        A foam protective cover for my TV antenna was made out of home depot closed cell foam and glued with 3M M77 glue.
        The use of swimming pool storage pillows form a nice peak so water and snow will not remain on the roof for extended periods. Buy the way these also work great under the boat cover.
        Pipe insulation is cut at 6 inch lengths and duct taped onto the gutter extensions which will protect the cover from sharp edges.
        Everyone's surcumbstances vary where I like to have my rig in my drive and I do not have room for an RV port or building since we're so heavily forested in MI, and we like the trees. So for us the cover works well.

Hope this helps,

Jim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I am buying a 2019 Solitude 344GK, the current owner says that Grand Design recommends not to put a cover on. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Yord1001 View Post
            I am buying a 2019 Solitude 344GK, the current owner says that Grand Design recommends not to put a cover on. Any suggestions?
            The topic of using (or not) a cover has been discussed at length in this thread. There's nothing exceptional about the Solitude (other than it is big!). Is there a specific question or a point made in this thread that you'd like further clarification?

Please take a moment and check out the welcome letter (I see this is your first post) when you get a chance! https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Yord1001 View Post
              Maybe Howard can ask for details from GDRV. I've used a custom cover for four Michigan winters with no issues to my Imagine.

A custom made cover fits like a glove and will not move around in the wind like a one fits all can do. On a unit like a solitude, even a light weight Sunbrella cover may weigh in excess of 70lbs. The cover for my Imagine is 50lbs. Something to think about on the bigger rigs.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X