Cargo Door Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo Door Seals

Hey all, so I need to replace the cargo door seals on the street side double doors on my 2015 337. Does anyone have information on a source for these? I've done a google search but didn't find what appears to be currently on there or at least nothing I recognized.

Here's a shot of what the seals on the curb side look like. They re full and supple and have both retained their shape and remained water tight.

Here's a shot of the street side and you might be able to make out how the rubber has distorted and deformed taking on the shape of the door's mating surface. These seals are not functioning.

A bit of a back story ... the trailer was in the service center in Indiana for over a month after the 2019 Rally for some repairs, one of which was a rotten floor inside the street side cargo door. Yup, they replaced the floor but I don't think they figured out why it was rotten. After weeks of rain here I went into the cargo area to find the floors were again soaking. This is the only potnetial source of water inclusion I could find. Hope to get this fixed before I'm in the same perdiciment again.

TIA
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Paul,

I had to replace the same seals on our 2016 337. I called Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX, with the VIN. They asked for a couple of photos and then had GD drop-ship the seals to me where we were staying. The shipping was steep, but it was the only way I could find to get the right part from GD out of warranty. Pharr's phone number is (806) 765-6088.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Paul

Here is a link to McMaster Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/door-weathe...-bulb-on-side/. This may help you find what you need , at a cheaper price and delivery. I also did a search on Amazon and found a few on there as well. The link will help you measure to find what you need.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

JFWIW Paul, mine were leaking through the catch plates on the bottom of the hatch door frame. Be sure to pull them and check. Also the frame screw heads need to be sealed.
        Jim (& Sharon)
        2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
        2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
        The toys:
        2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
        2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
          Paul,

I had to replace the same seals on our 2016 337. I called Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX, with the VIN. They asked for a couple of photos and then had GD drop-ship the seals to me where we were staying. The shipping was steep, but it was the only way I could find to get the right part from GD out of warranty. Pharr's phone number is (806) 765-6088.

Rob
          Hi Rob,

I need to replace the same seals. Do you happen to remember the part number? Did it cure the problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim&Deb
          2016 Reflection 337 RLS
          2015 GMC Denali 3500HD Duramax, 4wd, Crew Cab 6'6" box, SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jim & Deb View Post

Hi Rob,

I need to replace the same seals. Do you happen to remember the part number? Did it cure the problem?

Thanks,

Jim

It did fix the problem. I don't know that I ever had a part number - Farr did it from my VIN and photos. The talk this past week is that we can now order parts directly from Grand Design - you might give them a call with your VIN handy.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

It did fix the problem. I don't know that I ever had a part number - Farr did it from my VIN and photos. The talk this past week is that we can now order parts directly from Grand Design - you might give them a call with your VIN handy.

Rob

Thank you, will do. Do you happen to have a picture?

Jim
              Jim&Deb
              2016 Reflection 337 RLS

Comment

Thank you, will do. Do you happen to have a picture?

Jim
                Here's what I sent GD at the time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181015_133340 (Large).jpg
Views:	309
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	58718

Name:	20181015_133319 (Large).jpg
Views:	304
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	58719
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Here's what I sent GD at the time:

Name:	20181015_133340 (Large).jpg
Views:	309
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	58718

Name:	20181015_133319 (Large).jpg
Views:	304
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	58719

Thanks Rob,

That is the same seal I currently have. Was the new one the same? Or was it a different type?

Jim
                  Jim&Deb
                  2016 Reflection 337 RLS

Comment

Thanks Rob,

That is the same seal I currently have. Was the new one the same? Or was it a different type?

Jim
                    The new seal was a slightly different design - deeper and more pliable. I think that's the reason it sealed better.

Rob
                    Rob & Laura
                    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

My street side cargo door was leaking. I determined that the cam plate on the upper twist latch was not pulling the door tight enough into the seal. I bent the cam plate a very little bit to pull the door tight at the top. The leak stopped. The storms through PA tested the seal and it is still dry.
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                      X