Thank you Grand Design...Full Body Paint Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Grand Design...Full Body Paint Design

April 1, 2017 we picked up our new Momentum 376. We had been full timing in a different 5th wheel but loved the little garage in the back. So we spent a few bucks. Like all RV's we have had our share of breakdowns, failures, fixes and upgrades. We figure this is normal When we ordered our Momentum we spent a few extra dollars on extras. One of which was the full body paint. Our thought at the time was we wanted to prevent decal cracking as the RV aged. Little did we realize what we were getting into.

Over the last three years we have been approached many times by people commenting how pretty our RV was. We have been honked at and thumbs upped while driving down the road. We have had whole families stop what they were doing to watch us pull into a campground, not because I was wrecking things, just because they thought our RV was pretty.

So we are sitting by the fire tonight cooking some ribs. Looking at the Momentum and talking about what our next days activities would be. It's time to wash and wax the Momentum again, routine maintenance. Looking at it, thinking about the task. It suddenly dawned on us the we have so many compliments on it, that it was easy to maintain and keep looking nice. While right now it is fairly dirty, you don't really notice it.

So whoever came up with this idea and paint scheme at Grand Design we wish to say thank you. A most excellent job that stands the test of time.

Attached Files
    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Originally posted by d2reid View Post
    April 1, 2017 we picked up our new Momentum 376. We had been full timing in a different 5th wheel but loved the little garage in the back. So we spent a few bucks. Like all RV's we have had our share of breakdowns, failures, fixes and upgrades. We figure this is normal When we ordered our Momentum we spent a few extra dollars on extras. One of which was the full body paint. Our thought at the time was we wanted to prevent decal cracking as the RV aged. Little did we realize what we were getting into.

Over the last three years we have been approached many times by people commenting how pretty our RV was. We have been honked at and thumbs upped while driving down the road. We have had whole families stop what they were doing to watch us pull into a campground, not because I was wrecking things, just because they thought our RV was pretty.

So we are sitting by the fire tonight cooking some ribs. Looking at the Momentum and talking about what our next days activities would be. It's time to wash and wax the Momentum again, routine maintenance. Looking at it, thinking about the task. It suddenly dawned on us the we have so many compliments on it, that it was easy to maintain and keep looking nice. While right now it is fairly dirty, you don't really notice it.

So whoever came up with this idea and paint scheme at Grand Design we wish to say thank you. A most excellent job that stands the test of time.

Nice writeup! GDRV-Megan and GDRV-Megan -- thought you'd enjoy reading.

Howard

P.S. Moved the thread to the "Exterior" channel on the Technical side so those considering full body paint find this helpful info.
    Last edited by howson; 04-19-2020, 07:04 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dallas, you’re killing me.

Even though I have a pole building that we keep our 376TH stored in since new and the decals and gel coat stills looks as good as the day we brought it home, it still does not look as good as the full body paint. I’m jealous.
      2018 Momentum 376TH
      2016 RAM 3500 Duall
      y

Comment

Nice looking rig Dallas!

Once you have full body paint, you won't go back :-)
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Great looking home! Our last Grand Design will have FBP. The only problem is picking the next tow vehicle color to go with a yet to be decided FBP color. Yeah, I know black goes with anything, but I hate maintaining black vehicles.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Yes, Dallas.....there are many of us who really like the FBP for not just the looks but the durability v.s. decals. Your rig still looks great but the steaks (I beleive) on the grill got my attention and look good as well !
            When and if we go with a Solitude or Momentum, it will be ordered with FBP.

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Starting our third year with it, got a few tree limb scratches, I am probably the only one who notices them, but still looking pretty snazzy.
              2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
              2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
              E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
              Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Originally posted by d2reid View Post

Thank you for this feedback!! We love to hear when we are doing a good job! I have provided this over to Nate Goldenberg, our GM for Momentum and Solitude. I'm sure he will love to read this as well!

Comment

Working...
                X