Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Remove Labels/Stickers from Exterior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove Labels/Stickers from Exterior?

Hello,

Yesterday I picked up out new Solitude 377mbs. Beautiful camper, but I don't like the "advertising" stickers that GD has on the outside. I mean the "Keyed Alike" and "Knock Here" stickers. The don't appear to have been applied with a simple peal off adhesive. I would appreciate advice on how to remove them without damaging the finish. I do not have the full body paint.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!
    Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

I've used laundry stain remover on vehicles on the past. It ate through the protein chains in the adhesive. Have not tried it on fiberglass, so might want to do a test section first.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisK View Post
      Hello,

Yesterday I picked up out new Solitude 377mbs. Beautiful camper, but I don't like the "advertising" stickers that GD has on the outside. I mean the "Keyed Alike" and "Knock Here" stickers. The don't appear to have been applied with a simple peal off adhesive. I would appreciate advice on how to remove them without damaging the finish. I do not have the full body paint.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!
      Moved to the Technical Forum > Exterior channel.

I've used a plastic scraper to gently get an edge up, then slowly work the sticker off. Even a credit card can be used in a pinch. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it takes a little effort. For the glue left behind, isopropyl alcohol works well. Follow up by applying your protectant of choice (wax, etc) over the area as the alcohol will remove everything.

I used a heat gun (carefully!) on an earlier truck I owned to get the "FX4" stickers off. Worked great--just had to be super careful not to overheat the area. Hair dryer is probably safer.

Lots of YouTube videos out there on this topic!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It's actually pretty easy. Use some GooGone or WD40 and the heat from a blow dryer. The heat will make the decal stretchy and removable and the GooGone or WD40 will take off the residue. A plastic spatula will help with the removal.
        2017 310GK

Comment

Use a hair dryer to heat them up - peal off easily when very warm. WD40 will help remove the residue.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
          X