Exterior Wall Hairline Cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Wall Hairline Cracks

Hey Everyone. I posted this on the other forum too, but I thought I would ask here as well. Anyways I just wanted to reach out to the user forum to get some advice / opinions on a couple of hairline cracks one of our exterior walls. While waxing this weekend, I noticed two horizontal very fine hairline cracks near the roof, about 6" - 12" below the gutter. They don't seem very deep and I only noticed them because I was waxing the unit and was up close on a ladder. I attached a picture of one of the cracks, along with my finger for a size reference, but again I wouldn't mind getting some other's thoughts on these.

I did ask Grand Design about these, and they told me that I was out of our 1-year warranty but to take it in anyways, I'm assuming for getting an assessment done.

Thanks in advance!
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

GDRV-Megan Can you confirm if cracks in a wall fall under the one year general warranty, or are they covered under the three year structural warranty like a wall delamination?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      GDRV-Megan Can you confirm if cracks in a wall fall under the one year general warranty, or are they covered under the three year structural warranty like a wall delamination?

Thanks,

Jim
      I'm sorry for just now getting back with you on this one. This would depend on the actual cause of the cracks. If it is deemed as a manufacturer defect, then it would be included in the 3-year structural warranty. If it was a customer damage type of situation, it would not be covered. StephenO This would need to be inspected by a dealer and handled through our warranty department. They can be reached at customerservice@granddesignrv.com or 574-825-9679.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I'm sorry for just now getting back with you on this one. This would depend on the actual cause of the cracks. If it is deemed as a manufacturer defect, then it would be included in the 3-year structural warranty. If it was a customer damage type of situation, it would not be covered. StephenO This would need to be inspected by a dealer and handled through our warranty department. They can be reached at customerservice@granddesignrv.com or 574-825-9679.
        Thanks GDRV-Megan - we have an appointment to get this looked in mid-June, and we can go from there. We also have another element to look at within the same appointment, that I wouldn't mind your opinion if possible. Can I just message you directly? Thanks again!
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Thanks GDRV-Megan - we have an appointment to get this looked in mid-June, and we can go from there. We also have another element to look at within the same appointment, that I wouldn't mind your opinion if possible. Can I just message you directly? Thanks again!
          Yes, you can send me a private message if you'd like!

Comment

Working...
          X