Exterior Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Finish

I have a 2014 369RL Solitude, what type of exterior coating is on it ? What is best to remove the oxidation ? After oxidation is removed, what should be used as a protectant ?

Unless it has full-body paint (I'm not even sure they offered it in 2014), your Solitude has a fiberglass gelcoat similar to those used in the marine industry. I'm a fan of Meguiars products and they have a gelcoat restoration kit. Look it up on their web site and check it out.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I'll second the Meguiar's line of products. I used the Flagship Premium Marine wax this weekend on our gel coat and I am pretty happy with the results. I also tried their Marine Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner & Protectant on the decals and rubber trim. It did a fine job on the rubber trim, but it didn't leave the greatest of finish on the decals as it seem to smear more than anything and needed a decent amount of buffing. I only used the Meguiar's vinyl product since that was what's in stock at the store I was at, so next time I may go with Aerospace 303 on the decals. How does the 303 finish up after applying?

Somewhat related question, does anyone know on the Imagine front cap, what is painted and what is decal? I know for sure the logos are decals, but what about the grey 'trim' below the LED lights? I am assuming the black is also painted on?
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
        ...How does the 303 finish up after applying?
        303 Protectant does fine on decals - it's the only thing I'll use on them.

Rob

Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

X-2 on using the 303 on the decals and anywhere else as well! I would caution against applying 303 on any surface that was recently waxed.....allow the wax to cure a week or so first. If applied over fresh wax the 303 will smear and look awful until you rub it out!
          Keith and Diane
          2014 Reflection 337 RLS
          2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

I have used both F-11 & Torque Mirror shine on my Solitude 373FB. I think I like the Torque product better.

Comment

Working...
            X