Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed locks

This morning I changed out my locks with locks from RVLOCK.COM

I got a v4.0 keyless lock for the main door and 2 regular slam locks for the pass through. I bought them on their Memorial day sale at 30% off so total price with shipping $230.97

Super easy to install. For the slam locks I used the GD backing plate as the hole pattern was identical. Also used the GD striker plate. Undo the 4 screws, remove the old lock then install the new lock using the same 4 screws. Couldn't have been easier. Main lock was just as easy. Now all three locks are keyed alike.

A great upgrade.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Does your primary door close and latch correctly? I had to make some adjustments to mine to get it to latch.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Does your primary door close and latch correctly? I had to make some adjustments to mine to get it to latch.

Jim
      Primary door works just like the old lock with no adjustments. Took the old lock off and installed the new lock with no issues.

Once I told Mrs skreef about the almost universal keying from the factory she found me the 30% off Memorial day sale and I immediately ordered it while camping.

For the slam latches I used the GD backing plate and striker plate. The way they installed the striker plate left no way to adjust the striker plate out a little bit. Because of that it doesn't slam closed as good as it used to. You really need to push it closed. If I would have drilled some new screw holes I could have adjusted the striker plate out a little bit to solve that problem but for now I'll just live with having to push the pass through doors closed instead of letting them slam closed.

Charles and Susan
      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
      X