Roofing Products - Retail Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roofing Products - Retail Suppliers

If you have a roof from Alpha Systems, periodic maintenance is a must. The roof should be cleaned 3-4 times a year with a mild soap such as Murphy's or Dawn. In addition, you should inspect the sealants and tapes each time you're cleaning the roof. If needed, the sealants or tape should be resealed or removed and replaced as needed. Alpha Systems states that the roof warranty can be voided if maintenance is not performed or if non-Alpha products cause damage to the roof.

In the past, the only place to get Alpha manufactured sealants was through Camping World under the brand name Superflex. Here's a link to the beige self-leveling sealant through Camping World's website.
    https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ige-80344.html

Now, there is an alternative retailer for the Alpha systems products. Lippert is now carrying the Alpha brand (not Superflex) of roof repair products. They sell everything from sealants and tapes to complete roofing replacement kits. Here is a link to those products.
    https://store.lci1.com/alpha-systems

Note: I have no affiliation with either Camping World or Lippert - My goal here is to make it easier for you to find the supplies you need to maintain your Alpha Systems TPO roof.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

I couldn't find anything in the paperwork we received with our Reflection 29RS about the roof - manufacturer, composition, maintenance. How do I find out if it is an Alpha system or something else?

Comment

I was in Camping World last week and they had Alpha brand roofing products.
      2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
      2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by rossepeo View Post
        I couldn't find anything in the paperwork we received with our Reflection 29RS about the roof - manufacturer, composition, maintenance. How do I find out if it is an Alpha system or something else?
        I assume you're referencing a new trailer? (Welcome to the forum by the way--check out the New Members thread when you get a chance! https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members)

If your 29RS is new, it has an Alpha "TPO" roof as documented here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/why-gdrv/construction

It's also on the 29RS spec page under "Construction": https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...loorplans/29rs

Click image for larger version

Name:	29RS.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	32358
        Do a search of the forum using the keyword "Alpha" and you'll have a lot to read. (The Welcome Letter will show you where to find info on how to search if you don't know how.)

Again, welcome.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          If you have a roof from Alpha Systems, periodic maintenance is a must. The roof should be cleaned 3-4 times a year with a mild soap such as Murphy's or Dawn. In addition, you should inspect the sealants and tapes each time you're cleaning the roof. If needed, the sealants or tape should be resealed or removed and replaced as needed. Alpha Systems states that the roof warranty can be voided if maintenance is not performed or if non-Alpha products cause damage to the roof.

In the past, the only place to get Alpha manufactured sealants was through Camping World under the brand name Superflex. Here's a link to the beige self-leveling sealant through Camping World's website.
          https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ige-80344.html

Now, there is an alternative retailer for the Alpha systems products. Lippert is now carrying the Alpha brand (not Superflex) of roof repair products. They sell everything from sealants and tapes to complete roofing replacement kits. Here is a link to those products.
          https://store.lci1.com/alpha-systems

Note: I have no affiliation with either Camping World or Lippert - My goal here is to make it easier for you to find the supplies you need to maintain your Alpha Systems TPO roof.

Jim
          Well I just posted a question in another thread before reading your comments here. I was wondering about using Dicor Self Leveling caulk on the Alpha TPO roof. I understand Alpha's policy but can't imagine the Dicor caulk could promote damage to the TPO roof. Am I wrong?

I just have a new tube of Dicor I need to use up!
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

Well I just posted a question in another thread before reading your comments here. I was wondering about using Dicor Self Leveling caulk on the Alpha TPO roof. I understand Alpha's policy but can't imagine the Dicor caulk could promote damage to the TPO roof. Am I wrong?

I used Dicor on mine before and it didn't cause any damage.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have used Dicor on mine, and it caused the roof to bubble up. Then after it dried it settled down and has been fine. I remember reading somewhere that this is normal, but cannot remember where.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I have used Dicor on mine, and it caused the roof to bubble up. Then after it dried it settled down and has been fine. I remember reading somewhere that this is normal, but cannot remember where.
                "Bubble up" as in causing the rubber roof to separate from the roof decking???
                2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

"Bubble up" as in causing the rubber roof to separate from the roof decking???
                  No sorry I meant the Dicor bubbled. It settled down after a day or so though and was fine.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro Lonestar

Another piece of the roof membrane "stories". I have an EPDM roof membrane and used Dicor around some new hatch installations. This caused the EPDM to swell . . . maybe the "bubbling" that some talk about ? After a couple of weeks the Dicor cured and the EPDM went back to taut under the sealant. I realize that your question is about an Alpha Systems membrane . . . I just thought that my experience might indicate that the "bubbling" may have nothing to do with an Alpha membrane.

​​​​​​​Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X