295rl bedroom window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 295rl bedroom window

The sliding bedroom window of our 2019 295rl 5th wheel opens when traveling. Anyone experience this problem. Ive been in contact with Grand Design. Problem still exists. HELP !

Originally posted by Kris View Post
    The sliding bedroom window of our 2019 295rl 5th wheel opens when traveling. Anyone experience this problem. Ive been in contact with Grand Design. Problem still exists. HELP !
    Looks like the street side has the emergency (push out) window and the curb side has the sliding window you're having the issue with?

Who at Grand Design? Customer Service? Do you have a case number for reference?

What has been tried to fix the problem?

Sorry for all the questions...but the more information you can provide the more focused the response.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Howard

P.S. Thanks for putting your VIN in your profile--that will help.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I dont have the original case number. First contact was with a Robert Loomis, photos of the latch were sent to him April 8 2020. After a long time he responded that he would send a new window because this was something that had to be corrected at the window manufacturer. His fix was to ship a new window. Today June 12,2020 a new window arrived , the latch on that widow was sheared off. I imagine from shipping. I am at a loss, was hoping someone else had this problem and had a fix for this. Currently I travel with a strip of plywood wedged in the frame. Not what I should have to deal with since these units from Grand Design are not inexpensive.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I dont have the original case number. First contact was with a Robert Loomis, photos of the latch were sent to him April 8 2020. After a long time he responded that he would send a new window because this was something that had to be corrected at the window manufacturer. His fix was to ship a new window. Today June 12,2020 a new window arrived , the latch on that widow was sheared off. I imagine from shipping. I am at a loss, was hoping someone else had this problem and had a fix for this. Currently I travel with a strip of plywood wedged in the frame. Not what I should have to deal with since these units from Grand Design are not inexpensive.
        Since today is Friday, our GD rep may not see this until Monday but I'm sure she'll check into it for you. Please be patient.

GDRV-Megan or GDRV-Emily -- can you assist, please?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Good afternoon!
          I apologize for the delay in getting with you! I have looked up your case in our records. It looks like Robert (aka Jay) was waiting on a reply from Lippert (the window manufacturer). As you are probably aware, our entire industry has been super busy with coming back from the Covid shutdowns. I know that Lippert had to furlough many of their employees and are still trying to play catch up between customer service and production. That would more than likely explain the delay in response between Jay and Lippert.

It does look like another window was ordered on 6/16 and shipped from Grand Design on that same day. It is due to deliver today. Please feel free to give Jay a call at 574-825-9679 if you need anything else! Have a great weekend!

Comment

2021 Reflection 315RLTS

Did this issue get fixed for I have a similar problem with the large sliding window in our bedroom. Darn thing will not latch.
            2021 Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Don N View Post
              2021 Reflection 315RLTS

Did this issue get fixed for I have a similar problem with the large sliding window in our bedroom. Darn thing will not latch.
              Can you post a picture, Don? I'd like to see how it's different from the latch on my '19 315RLTS.

Comment

Good morning. My internet connection is very poor today so hopefully this will post. This morning it is a little chilly and found that the window will latch if closed with vigor (slammed). It will not latch normally. I have the service techs from my dealership look at it in October.

Attached Files
                Last edited by howson; 09-23-2020, 08:20 AM. Reason: Rotated and inserted photos to ease viewing.
                2021 Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer

Comment

Don N

The window in your '21 appears to be different than the one in my '19? Interesting.

The latch on my window is vertical. The right side of the window slides left when opening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Latch Window Slides Left.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	30532

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertical Latch.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	30531

Comment

Howard howson - it looks the same to me......just the orientation closeup of picture seems to make it different. The "slamming" of these windows and similar design windows has been a subject for years. We have always had to ensure when we close ours that we do it with a little pursuasion as well. Seems Rob Cate&Rob have posted on this a few times over the years.

Keeping the bottom of the window frame clean has helped ours slide more easily and thus latch w/o much challenge, It also stays shut during travel.

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                      Howard howson - it looks the same to me......just the orientation closeup of picture seems to make it different. The "slamming" of these windows and similar design windows has been a subject for years. We have always had to ensure when we close ours that we do it with a little pursuasion as well. Seems Rob Cate&Rob have posted on this a few times over the years.

Keeping the bottom of the window frame clean has helped ours slide more easily and thus latch w/o much challenge, It also stays shut during travel.

Dan
                      Hmmm...looks different to me but you're right. I looked at a video online and it is the same except for that big 'ol "EXIT" sign.

What I don't understand in Don N 's picture is the apparent wall next to the latch. The latch on mine is between the windows (and also in the video I watched). I must be seeing crooked today...

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hmmm...looks different to me but you're right. I looked at a video online and it is the same except for that big 'ol "EXIT" sign.

What I don't understand in Don N 's picture is the apparent wall next to the latch. The latch on mine is between the windows (and also in the video I watched). I must be seeing crooked today...
                        Howard - I initially thought wall too but in looking closer I believe it is the screen. The angle and closeness makes it look like the wall. Don and his brain teasing pictures are challenging for us old guys !

Dan
                        Dan & Carol
                        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
                        X