Broken Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Window

I broke the right side window pane in the rear window of my 2020 Imagine 2970RL. The left side (opening pane with screen) is still intact. How difficult is it to get a replacement window pane and get it installed? Has anyone replaced one themselves? Any information/feedback you give me is appreciated!

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Welcome to the forum!!

I hate that this had to be your first post. As to your question, I haven't the foggiest.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Normally, you just replace the whole window frame. Lippert has a link for replacements on their website. They also have instructions on how to change it yourself. If you need more help, please let us know.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you for the response. I will take a look at the Lippert website.
        Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Some glass company's can replace glass in RV's. It depends on access to the frame. Might check locally. As a temporary repair I have gotten a piece of plexiglass and used a dremel bit to cut to fit.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by RJAPCOK View Post
            Thank you for the response. I will take a look at the Lippert website.
            I responded from my phone last night where I couldn't give you a link. I'm on my PC today and found the link in the Lippert website. Here is the glass company they are using now. You can request a quote over the phone or via a web form they have.

https://www.rvglass.com/

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I responded from my phone last night where I couldn't give you a link. I'm on my PC today and found the link in the Lippert website. Here is the glass company they are using now. You can request a quote over the phone or via a web form they have.

https://www.rvglass.com/

Jim
              Thank You. I checked the Lippert site and the link I found only listed window size up to 60" wide. The frame for the broken window is about 72" wide x 28 high". The parts lookup on the Grand Design website shows the part number for the window but I have yet to hear back from the local GD dealership on availability. So... I'll check in to the link you provided and keep plugging along!
              All of these replies have been helpful!

Thanks
              Bob Anthony

2020 Imagine 2970Rl
              2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
              Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Working...
              X