outside door problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outside door problems

I have a trandscend xplor 247BH. Does anyone have problems with closing their outside door? Seems I must pull it hard to shut from inside of trailer...
    deb kauffman

Yes, but I had a bent frame issue that caused the door frame to be ever so slightly out of square. Even after repairs, closing the door hasn't been as easy as it was before my issue started. If there is a way to check, see if your door frame was installed correctly.

Comment

Yes, I have the same problem. I initially thought it might be the alignment of the strike plate hole and latch. The weather strip that is also is in close proximity also seems to get in the way. I've been tinkering with both to see if I can rectify it before having the dealer look at it. Frustrating in that it is a new camper and it seemed to work fine during the Purchase Inspection Checklist.

Comment

I fixed mine by filing a few thousands off of the back of the bolt. Not the angled part but the flat back side, see pic. I first tried modifying the striker plate but it didn't help.I used a sharp mill file and kept taking a little off until it latches easily. Works effortlessly now.
        2021 Reflection 260RD
        2015 Ram 3500 cummins, dually, AISN tranny

Comment

Working...
        X