Front Cap Paint codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Cap Paint codes

I have a 2018 Solitude and need Paint codes for touch up on dark and light parts of front cap rock chips.

Good morning HappyCampers. Welcome to the technical forum.

I'm going to tag Megan who is the GDRV representative who supports the site. She may be able to help you:

GDRV-Megan

There have been other threads on the forum regarding the same topic. Here's one in particular related to the Solitude line:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterior/9464-paint-codes

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Happycampers View Post
      I have a 2018 Solitude and need Paint codes for touch up on dark and light parts of front cap rock chips.
      Here is the Solitude paint codes:

Solitude
      Black met: 920887FL
      Cream: 909760
      Brushed Nickel: MCC2117FL

Comment

Thank you! One further question: Are these PPG? Axalta (DuPont)? Other? Appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by bjrogers View Post
          Thank you! One further question: Are these PPG? Axalta (DuPont)? Other? Appreciate the help!
          I believe they are PPG but will tag GDRV-Megan to make sure.
          Thanks Megan

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by bjrogers View Post
            yes, sorry, they are PPG. Thanks Country Campers !!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Here is the Solitude paint codes:

Solitude
              Black met: 920887FL
              Cream: 909760
              Brushed Nickel: MCC2117FL
              I've gone to the PPG web site at https://www.ppgpaints.com/

There's a
              search function on the site, and all of the codes listed above result in 0 colors found. Worth noting is that the format of PPG codes is like "PPG1010-2". They don't seem to have any colors with formats like those shown above.

Just saying.

-Steve
              2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
              Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
              2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
              18k B&W Companion, non-slider
              640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
              Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
              Somerset, WI

Comment

GDRV-Megan

I have to agree with Steve above in that these codes come up empty on PPG's site.

Any light to shed on this matter? Are these colors not found on the site?

Thanks
                Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  GDRV-Megan

I have to agree with Steve above in that these codes come up empty on PPG's site.

Any light to shed on this matter? Are these colors not found on the site?

Thanks
                  Brian
                  hmmm ... I'm not sure! I'll double check with our parts manager. Please hold.

Comment

Ok, so I was given the incorrect paint codes. I apologize. The codes are PPG codes. The black is 953524, and the ivory is 953525.

These have to be mixed by PPG, and more than likely won't be able to be ordered as a regular aftermarket paint off of their website.

Comment

Happycampers bjrogers steve&renee Country Campers

​​​​​​​please see my reply above.

Comment

Hi All,

Im looking for my paint code and type for my 2019 GD Reflection 260 RD 150 Series front CAP (Creme). My VIN is K3411606.

Thank You,

Matt

Comment

MC Zak

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

You have posted your question on a forum of Grand Design owners (just like yourself). The most efficient way to get the answer to your paint code question is to contact Grand Design Customer Service (contact info on the right side of the home page of this forum) with your VIN.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an older post but I just returned from a 4,500 mile trip and when I washed the front cap I noticed at least a hundred rock chips! Looks like it was pepper sprayed with a .12 gauge shotgun.

Not to beat a dead horse but has anyone successfully had a local paint shop mix up a batch for each color… and if so, was it a good match?

Thanks in advance!
                            2018 Solitude 310GK
                            2020 GMC Denali 3500
                            B&W Companion hitch

Comment

Originally posted by hoppyz06 View Post
                              Hi Everyone,

I know this is an older post but I just returned from a 4,500 mile trip and when I washed the front cap I noticed at least a hundred rock chips! Looks like it was pepper sprayed with a .12 gauge shotgun.

Not to beat a dead horse but has anyone successfully had a local paint shop mix up a batch for each color… and if so, was it a good match?

Thanks in advance!
                              I needed the same for my Solitude. The front cap has lots of rock chips. I went to Singe Source (https://www.ncsssi.com/store-locations) which sells PPG automotive paints. They list paint for Solitudes under "Solitude RV" and/or Grand Design. The current codes in their system are 953530 (Gray), 982211 (Black) and 953525 (Ivory) for Solitude's 2018 and up. These are base paints, not single stage formulas.
                              Jon & Melanie Nichols
                              Dover, DE
                              2019 Solitude 372WB-R
                              2023 GMC

Comment

Working...
                              X