297RSTS outside TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 297RSTS outside TV

Anyone put the outside tv on a swing arm ? Do you think there is enough room for one?

I have not, and doubt there is room. My tv is really close to the door when it is closed. I did install a larger tv though. But I will be interested if anyone has done it. I have thought of this myself.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

I have a 323BHS. Previous owner took the microwave and cupboard doors out of the rear kitchen and installed a TV. He broke three of them. Not sure where your proposed TV location is but on my camper it was on the right rear and I’m pretty sure that was like being on the end of the web. Camper needed a yard dampener LOL :-)
      Tom Boucher
      2012 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Turbo Diesel Crew-cab “Bid Red aka Fat Bottom Girl”
      2014 Grand Design Reflection 323BHS “Big Phat Sally”

Comment

Behind the TV , and also behind the fireplace inside , there may be a lot of "empty" space. You may be able to remove the panel behind the TV and move it back towards the fireplace to accommodate your swing arm mount. Will take a little wood working if your up to it. I have not done this but have modified my "outside kitchen" on our 29RS and found a lot of space between the "kitchen area" and the fireplace.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I tore into that area on my 297 to remove the TV and build a tool storage area. It would be a very tight fit and you might be able to modify the cabinet to make an inch or two more clearance. If you remove the fireplace, you can get a good view into the cavity behind the TV.
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Retired Copper View Post
            Anyone put the outside tv on a swing arm ? Do you think there is enough room for one?
            I picked up one of these for my 2019 297RSTS:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...and it works fine. The door is actually in a perfect spot when folded in (it holds the TV snug. I have two beer coozies sandwitced between the bottom corners and the shelf below (to prevent rotation while in transit). Works great...I can pull it out and angle it over toward the grill (by the quick connect gas jet).

Comment

Working...
            X