• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Concern

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_104543.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	24501 Recently washed the roof on my new 2019 Transcend 28MKS. While washing and inspecting the roof, I noticed that the plywood roof seams under the roofing membrane is very evident. Can also feel the butting together of the plywood. Should I be concerned? Shouldn't the plywood be seamed together rather than just butted up to each other?
    2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
    2017 Chev Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2 Max Tow Package
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Hi Mike - There are quite a few of us on the forum who have been to the GDRV plant and witnessed the roof assembly. What you are seeing is normal and expected. RV manufacturers have been doing this assembly method for decades and I don't know of any adverse effects. When I walk on mine, I can see the joint flexing next to the adjoining sheet of plywood. My rig is 3-1/2 years old and my roof is still in great shape.

If you're still concerned, you can contact GDRV customer service (Contact info on the Forum's home page). Let them know of your concerns. They can at least document the condition in case it becomes problematic in the future. If there really is an issue, it may even be covered under the three year structural warranty or the roof warranty.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you Jim. That puts me a little more at ease to hear that this is a normal condition.
      2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
      2017 Chev Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2 Max Tow Package
      Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

Working...
      X