Electric awning will not retract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric awning will not retract

I own a 2014 Reflection 293RES with a 14ft Solera awning.

Has anybody had problems with their electric awning not retracting. When I extend the awning out half way, it will retract all the way in, but if I extend it out all the way it will not retract at all. The motor works (I replaced it a couple years ago and I also took it off today and tested it). I checked and tested the wiring to the motor and all is good. All the gears and rollers are lubricated. When extending the awning it makes no weird noises, it goes out just like normal, it just won't roll back up.
    Thank you all for any help.

Kevin

Originally posted by kswinie View Post

Has anybody had problems with their electric awning not retracting. When I extend the awning out half way, it will retract all the way in, but if I extend it out all the way it will not retract at all. The motor works (I replaced it a couple years ago and I also took it off today and tested it). I checked and tested the wiring to the motor and all is good. All the gears and rollers are lubricated. When extending the awning it makes no weird noises, it goes out just like normal, it just won't roll back up.

Kevin
    This is strange. If it works half way it should work all the way. I wonder if there is a wire problem that only shows up when the awning is all of the way out. Maybe look at the area where the wire goes thru the wall , or even on the arm. There may be a break in the wire that makes contact part way but not all the way out.

Check continuity in the wires between the switch and the motor when fully retracted and fully extended.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

kswinie
      Welcome to our owners technical forum.

I have the same awning and it moves noticeably slower during the first half of retracting from fully extended than any other part of in/out travel. Exactly where yours will not move. Since yours powers all the way out, I think the wiring and motor are OK. I am thinking that it is something in the arm mechanisms. Perhaps the gas struts are binding/jamming when fully extended?

i will be very interested to learn what it takes to solve this . . . I will be following your lead .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by kswinie View Post

Kevin
        Have you checked and are all of you locking/adjustment knobs and fittings are loose? Maybe give them a tug. While I have a different awning I forgot to fully release one and had similar issues. Also I learned if I entended the awning too far it will start to roil up backwards.

Hope this helps
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X