Slide floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide floor

Anyone else having a problem with the living/ dinette slide floor sagging? We have the 2019 372WB-R. This is the second time the floor has had this issue. These photos show the forward side nearest the door. The time prior to this it was the rear side of the slide at the rear of the unit...had to get a new ski the first time. Seems the screws are either not in a secure location to hold the floor up or it is not designed to last....thoughts and or remedies.....

Wow. That's not good. But I haven't seen that failure mode before. Let's see if anyone here has, and if so, what the outcome was. I wonder if GDRV customer service might have any ideas.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have the same problem with the ski. The inside edge caught on something and was pulled out. I can't get to it to reset. Every time i bring the slide out half of the ski comes out from under the metal rail. The screws that hold the rail are installed to hold the ski in place. What did your service guy have to do to fix the first time? How did they get to the inside end?

Comment

We haven't had floor sagging on our Solitude (did with our previous Reflection), but what you're calling the "ski" came unglued on the front end of the dining slide in our new 310GK. It started working its way inside and pushing up the corner of the vinyl flooring that overlaps the main floor from the slide by the door. I made a lever out of plywood (for the fulcrum) and a beam, brought the slide in a few inches, had my wife stand on the lever to lift up the slide a couple of 16ths (she'd want me to say here that it had to be a really long lever), slid the "ski" back into place, and glued it with several different kinds of adhesives in different places. I then tightened and resealed the aluminum trim on the outside. It's holding up well this time. It was the back wall/floor joint in the same slide that came apart in our 2016 Reflection 337. The mobile tech we had do the work said the screws had been over-torqued and snapped, so weren't holding the floor up any more.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

To replace the first slide ski a floor jack is used with a 4x4x24 placed vertically on top of the jack and the a 2x4 horizontally placed under the slide on top of the 4x4. Pushing the slide upwardly releases the weight pressure on the slide ski allowing it to be pried from the slide. Clean the slide and apply new tape to new ski slide then apply ski to the slide. Release the jack slowly and check alignment and operations of the slide..

Comment

Working...
          X