Hitch to bumper 2020 Imagine 2600RB travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitch to bumper 2020 Imagine 2600RB travel trailer

I have found struts that increase carry capacity of the bumper has anyone used these? Looking to put on a small carrier.

Good morning Lilperch. That's a new one for me. Do you have a link or brand name? I'd like to take a look at them.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The company is Mount-N-Lock safety struts universal RV support brackets, should come up on google.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilperch View Post
        The company is Mount-N-Lock safety struts universal RV support brackets, should come up on google.
        I have no experience with this product. According to the website these will bolt onto the frame and add support to the bumper tube. The main faults of the bumper tube is it is thin and welded to the frame. The weld will make the weak spot in the thin bumper material. Supporting the bumper with this product may help with less twisting force on the weld area.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We had the product on a Jayco trailer. It does stiffen up the bumper, but I would still be careful on loading. You have to drill through the frame to bolt it up, but it did let us add some additional weight on the rear. We used that to mount a second spare. I would not trust their bumper mount receiver, having one break and dump over $2000 in mountain bikes on the interstate in Montana.
          2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
          2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
          Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
          FMCA # 489460

Comment

I mounted my spare under the frame. Picked up 40# of capacity and extra space on the bumper for a storage box.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Working...
            X