Waxing the exterior...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
    However imagining you waxing my trailer just might be enough to warm me through the winter months.
    I can't stop laughing...

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Jim if we're allowed across the border by then I might just take you up on that. Thanks!

Complicated now though. It seems likely that by the time the border opens the registration for Quartzsite will be full... I remember it filled quickly last year before we could plan for it. However imagining you waxing my trailer just might be enough to warm me through the winter months.
      I know this is off topic from the original post. But there will not be a formal "rally" next Winter due to the virus. We're just having a camp out in the desert. There will be no activities such as potlucks and seminars. So there is no registration. Just drive out at the last minute if you get a chance. We'll all practice social distancing if still warranted in February. So we'll need to stay six feet apart when waxing your rig....

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Has anyone used Meguiar's Hybrid CERAMIC wax? I was told by tech at General RV this is the latest "good: stuff!

Comment

Will be trying out Klasse AIO on the trailer this year. Not having any petroleum products in it, it is completely decal safe. It comes highly recommended by a lot of RV'ers.

But posting up you favourite wax here is like posting in a 'favourite oil' thread on a truck forum...lol
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

I had mine done when we bought it, 5 year protection we will see how that works. They say if streak's, bird poop don't just come right off they will redo
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I have always done my own waxing with Thetford RV wax. I do it three times a year. My decals have always been pristine. But I got lazy a few months ago while at the Southern California rally. There was a company there offering a pretty good deal on a wash and wax. I don't know what they used, but several of my decals are showing severe deterioration.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I think I recall seeing something about not using carnauba wax on decals.
                Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                2020 Momentum 351M
                2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Hi Folks. I have a Reflections 337 RLS and am getting ready to give a good wax job before putting it away for the winter. I've tried Meguiar's Boat/RV polish and find that it is leaving white film streaks on both the rv body and decals. Can anyone suggest a better product? Thanks

Comment

I’ve been using MOTHERS CMX.EXCELLENT PRODUCT,LONG LASTING.ITS A SPRAY PROTECTANT.I USE IT ON MY BOAT,VEHICLES YOU NAME IT.CAINT SAY ENOUGH!
                    2020 Momentum 25G
                    2017 F250 gasser
                    Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Comment

I use this on all my show cars Amazon.com: Adam's Buttery Wax (16oz) - Premium Infused Carnauba Liquid Wet Car Wax for Shine, Polish & Top Coat Paint Protection | Car Wash Enhancer & Clay Bar Lubricant | Car Boat Motorcycle RV Detailing : Automotive
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I take the easy route and use Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax with a soft brush and extendable pole.

https://www.amazon.com/MEGUIARS-G177...45292227754489

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                          I take the easy route and use Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax with a soft brush and extendable pole.

https://www.amazon.com/MEGUIARS-G177...45292227754489

Jim
                          Second that! That is what I use and get great results! Plus the ultimate critic likes it, the DW! Granted, it probably doesn't give that 'true' wax protection but it is way, way less work and I figure if we wash it after each trip it is adding some good protection. You have to wash before waxing so I look at it as working smarter and not harder.
                          Mike & Lisa
                          Central Florida
                          2021 Imagine 2970RL
                          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Bug Slide. Has anyone used Bug Slide or similar product (like F-11) on your RV. I haves used both on my Harley Davidson and they work great. I remember the Bug Slide rep saying the designed it for aircraft and then used it on RVs before marketing motorcycles. I am not against washing or waxing, but am always trying find best product and save time &/or money where ever possible.
                            Billy & Tammy
                            2022 GD Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 RAM 2500 Limited (ordered), B&W Companion
                            2x Labrador Retrievers
                            North Carolina

Comment

This has been the wash/wax product I have used since I bought my 303 in 2018. Easy to use I apply with the pivoting microfiber head attachment to a telescoping pole and don’t even need a ladder. The UV treatment lasts 6 months and can be used waterless which is great when I am out during summer months. Most campgrounds wont allow me to wash RV at stie. But when on my site in winter I get it cleaned with Dawn and water then apply when dry.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
                              Last edited by Beachcamper; 05-20-2022, 07:27 AM.
                              Vivian
                              2018 Reflection 303rls
                              Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                              Demco Recon

Comment

I've sprayed the outside of the camper with this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also use it on the truck.
                                Joseph
                                Tow
                                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X