weird stains on front decal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird stains on front decal

Hello! I have a 2016 Reflection 27RL. There are some odd reddish brown stains on the top front decal, just below the roof. I've tried car soap, polish, and a magic eraser, which helped a little, but it's still really noticeable. The rest of the camper is spotless. I live in central Washington, so we don't get a whole bunch of rain and it's only gotten above 90 degrees a couple times this year. We haven't taken it anywhere this year, because of Covid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you! Martin
    PS I've never been in a message chat thing before, so if I did this wrong, I'm sorry!

Stored outdoors? If so, likely sun damage.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Yup, sun damage :-(
      Jim (& Sharon)
      2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
      2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
      The toys:
      2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
      2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by idiotman View Post
        Hello! I have a 2016 Reflection 27RL. There are some odd reddish brown stains on the top front decal, just below the roof. I've tried car soap, polish, and a magic eraser, which helped a little, but it's still really noticeable. The rest of the camper is spotless. I live in central Washington, so we don't get a whole bunch of rain and it's only gotten above 90 degrees a couple times this year. We haven't taken it anywhere this year, because of Covid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
        Thank you! Martin
        PS I've never been in a message chat thing before, so if I did this wrong, I'm sorry!
        First of all, you did a great job on setting up your post. The photos came through which is very helpful. You might try contacting GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679. They have been known to send replacement decals when the sun damages the old ones. Hopefully, they still have the 2016 model decals in stock. You'd be responsible for the labor, but they may be able to help you with getting the parts.

I've heard good things about a product to remove old decals, but I've never used it. The product name is GraphXOff. As always, test a small area before applying to your rig.
        https://www.autotrimdesign.net/Graph...mover_GROG.asp

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you everyone! It is stored outside, but that's what I thought a 5th wheeler was for. Other than building a shelter for it, what would be someway to protect it in the future? I read that tarps and covers were a bad idea. The camper is shaded in the afternoon. I see trailers, campers, and motor homes everywhere that sit outside. All the storage yards for RVs here are basically wide open lots. Thank you again!

Comment

There really isn't a whole lot you can do to keep the decals from fading other than storage. Some people spray them monthly with 303 Aerospace, but I'm not so sure that works. I keep mine waxed with Thetford RV wax that has UV protector. But it's really rare to see decals looking new once they get past about 5 years.

I went with a friend to his RV storage in Phoenix Arizona. There were near 1,000 rigs stored in this massive facility. And only a very limited number had covers on their rigs. The lot manager told me that most people throw the covers away after having them for about a year. They can damage the RV themselves, are difficult to put on, and tear in the wind.

I just resign myself to the fact that if I keep an RV more than five years, I'll eventually need to replace the decals.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

My 2017 303RLS has had that problem pretty much since new. It is outside like most but faces south IN ARIZONA. Wife hates it.

Comment

Working...
              X