locks keyed alike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locks keyed alike

i have a 2020 imagine 2500RL which has two exterior doors. i was very surprised to find that they were not keyed alike. Always having two keys that look the same except for the number is a pain. Is this a mistake in manufacturing? Has anyone had one of their door locks re-keyed?

Originally posted by wgraber View Post
    i have a 2020 imagine 2500RL which has two exterior doors. i was very surprised to find that they were not keyed alike. Always having two keys that look the same except for the number is a pain. Is this a mistake in manufacturing? Has anyone had one of their door locks re-keyed?
    Hmm...that does seem unusual for two entry doors.

It is not unusual to have different locks for the passthru. In fact, those keys are usually the same as about 100,000 other RVs out there on the road. Is one of them is a "CH751"?

I once met a new owner of a 312BHTS who had neglected to get the pass thru keys from the dealer. He was lamenting that he could not access the area and would have to drive back to get the keys. At the time I still had the OEM locks on my 315RLTS, so I reached into my pocket and promptly unlocked his passthru. He was dumbfounded. I've subsequently changed all my locks out for "fancy" wireless/keypad/mechanical RVLocks. https://www.rvlock.com/ There's several other options, but I am only familiar with the RVLock product.

Hopefully a fellow Imagine owner will chime in on their key situation.

Welcome to the forum and to the RV ownership experience.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This is not a mistake. The entry door latches would not be keyed alike.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

And mine as well, came with two separate keys for front and rear doors. 2250RK
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I do find it surprising that GD would do this since they think through so many things in their design and do a great job. i will look into replacing the locks. Does anyone know how to bring this to the attention of GD. Idid not find a place to contact them except for sales?

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I do find it surprising that GD would do this since they think through so many things in their design and do a great job. i will look into replacing the locks. Does anyone know how to bring this to the attention of GD. Idid not find a place to contact them except for sales?
            Consider it done!

----Break-------

GDRV-Megan and/or GDRV-Emily -- please see this new owner's feedback regarding different keys for the entry doors in their 2500RL. Is there rationale for this that is missing from the thread?

Howard (moderator)
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
              And mine as well, came with two separate keys for front and rear doors. 2250RK
              I had the same problem with my 2018 Imagine 2250RK. I went on the company's website that made the lock (I don't remember who it was) and purchased a new lock to match one of the locks and changed it so I could have one key. I also changed the locks on the pass through, so I needed only one key for all. It's a funny thing that on the website if you order matching door locks they are cheaper than two different door locks. I wonder what GD is thinking?
              Mal & Helen
              With Mitzi our Yorkie
              2021 Solitude 310GK-R
              2020 Ford Larriet F250 Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
              2020 Reflection 303 RLS Sold
              2019 King Ranch F250 Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed Destroyed by squirrels
              B&W Companion Slider
              Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Comment

Originally posted by malco1 View Post

I had the same problem with my 2018 Imagine 2250RK. I went on the company's website that made the lock (I don't remember who it was) and purchased a new lock to match one of the locks and changed it so I could have one key. I also changed the locks on the pass through, so I needed only one key for all. It's a funny thing that on the website if you order matching door locks they are cheaper than two different door locks. I wonder what GD is thinking?
                Mal

Have you changed the locks on the new 303RLS?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Interesting. Our new 2020 Solitude came with “keyed alike” locks, including a decal by the door saying so. Same key for the entry door, storage, etc. We have only one entry door. Our previous Keystone Premier ha two entry doors with different keys; also had a different key for the pass Thur storage, and a 4th key for the outdoor kitchen and outside shower. What a pain it was, and now we are happy that on e key opens everything, although we would like to get a coded entry lock.
                  Doug & Barb
                  2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
                  2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
                  No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
                  Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Mal

Have you changed the locks on the new 303RLS?

Brian
                    Yes all keyed alike including the front storage
                    Mal & Helen
                    With Mitzi our Yorkie
                    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
                    2020 Ford Larriet F250 Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
                    2020 Reflection 303 RLS Sold
                    2019 King Ranch F250 Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed Destroyed by squirrels
                    B&W Companion Slider
                    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Comment

Thank you for providing the info. We will send it over to imagine team for review.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X