Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RVLock Keyless Baggage Door Handle Installation (2019 315RLTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVLock Keyless Baggage Door Handle Installation (2019 315RLTS)

I haven't posted the attached PDF on this forum and just stumbled across it...so now it's posted. Any questions, fire away.

Below is just a picture of the title page--download the attached PDF to see the whole presentation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	just a pic.JPG Views:	178 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	29014
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 12-02-2020, 07:19 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

As long as we're on the subject of locks...
    Has anyone tried changing the twist levers on the propane doors to a lock? Both propane tanks on my Reflection 303 are not secure. They could be removed in a matter of minutes. The front compartment also has these latches, and an additional lock in the middle with the universal CH751 key, which just about everyone has. Again, not secure. I am interested in finding a lock that would fit the hole and has a key other than CH751.
    Thoughts?
    Tony G
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
    2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
    KTM 250XC

Comment

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post
      Has anyone tried changing the twist levers on the propane doors to a lock? Both propane tanks on my Reflection 303 are not secure. They could be removed in a matter of minutes. The front compartment also has these latches, and an additional lock in the middle with the universal CH751 key, which just about everyone has. Again, not secure. I am interested in finding a lock that would fit the hole and has a key other than CH751.
      Thoughts?
      RVLocks' replacement (the turn key) did not fit. I bought one and found it was too short.

I don't know if this is feasible for the doors on your 5vr, Tony, but I am really pleased with this mod that I did on my 315. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...e-baggage-door
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thoughts?
        I was told its a requirement that they not be locked so fire fighters can get access to the shut off valves if need be. Had my dealer tell me that as well as some other sources over the years. Never seen anything in writing though.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

This is my first RV with tanks in a compartment. The only regulation I have heard of is a second regulator on the second tank because the connection hose goes through the body of the trailer. Never seen a firefighter that would hesitate to use their axe or crowbar to gain access anywhere if need be. Yes the access panel would be destroyed, but they do exactly that when knocking down a house fire. If you have a fire in your RV, a broken access door is likely the least of your damage.
          Tony G
          2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
          2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
          KTM 250XC

Comment

Why not just put a lock on the tank retaining strap and leave the door unlocked for emergency access to the tank valve? (This is what I do)

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Why not just put a lock on the tank retaining strap and leave the door unlocked for emergency access to the tank valve? (This is what I do)

Rob
              X2 - added small locks to mine years ago.

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thoughts?
                First, I also do not lock the door on either propane compartment but, as Rob suggested, I’ve put light-weight combination locks on both the top and bottom straps of both tanks. It will keep most people away, as there are easier targets. The locks are not heavy-duty enough to be any problem to tear off in case of a fire and the right tool (small crowbar, claw hammer, etc.)

Second, my front compartment had the wonderful CH751 lock/key. I took out the lock and went to Home Depot and picked up a desk drawer lock that is the same length. Works just fine, and eliminated the CH751 problem.
                Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
                Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
                2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
                Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
                Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
                X