Removing duct tape residue Transcend 265bh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing duct tape residue Transcend 265bh

The previous owner of my 2020 265bh used duct tape to attach a plastic skirting around the outside of the trailer. When he removed it it left an ugly residue. What's the best safe way to remove it from the matte finish? Mineral spirits? Goo gone? Something else?

Test in an area first, but Goof Off works well.Mineral spirits will also work. be careful of any plastic areas, but be sure to test first. You could also try one of those magic eraser sponges with Dawn or an orange cleaning product sans the abrasive.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

You might also try WD40 on a small spot.
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

DW swears by Goo Gone. I don't much like the smell, but it does work and you'll be using it outdoors.

Comment

I would opt for Goo Gone, WD-40 or strong Simple Green. I had to take my inspection stickers off the front of my trailer. Goo Gone didn't do much but a strong mixture of Simple Green worked.
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

3m Adhesive Remover works best for protecting the paint .
            Still try it in a small area.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I ended up using Goo Gone and it worked pretty well. It left a little residue that you can see when the sunlight shines directly on it but it's a lot better now. I'm hoping with time and repeated regular washings the residue will disappear completely. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X